Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: May 11, 2022
OVERVIEWExperience something categorically different. With over
1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand
internationally, a thriving digital ecosystem and a growth
trajectory that's put Wall Street on notice, Ulta Beauty provides
dynamic challenges for those who want to apply their financial
acumen to ever-increasing levels of complexity. Professional
ownership. Diverse and ever-evolving projects. Greater levels of
impact. The ability to influence decisions and organizational
direction. It's all part of the daily experience of our Finance &
Accounting associates. If you want a collaborative environment
where continual learning, career self-determination and trust are
prioritized, where an engaged leadership provides deep levels of
support and guidance, Ulta Beauty is uniquely positioned to deliver
greater levels of career satisfaction. Are you up for the
challenge? THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:As a Tax Manager, Indirect Tax,
you will lead the company's Sales & Use tax compliance team which
will include computation, payment, exposure analysis & mitigation,
systems improvement and implementation. Significant interface with
other areas of the tax department, individuals in finance, and
business partners throughout the organization regarding current and
prospective S&U tax issues. This role will maximize the
company's overall tax position with respect to S&U tax issues
and coordinate all compliance operations relating to S&U tax.
Additionally, this role will lead and provide assistance to
management on special projects as needed, within Tax Department and
within the business. The role may assist with audit defense as
well.YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Providing thought leadership in the design, implementation, and
preparation of sales & use tax.
- Coaching and mentoring a team to increase sales and use tax
- Overseeing, managing, and reviewing sales and use tax
compliance processes to meet all deadlines.
- Implementing and incorporating changes from indirect state and
- Serving as a member on tax and corporate committees regarding
business objectives relating to indirect tax.
- Leading team in meeting all statutory compliance deadlines in
the time frames directed by management.
- Raising issues and completing tasks for ASC-450 calculations,
SOX, and advise Senior Tax Manager of all changes.
- Reviewing and providing guidance in the maintenance and
reconciliation of accrued sales & use tax liabilities.
- Reviewing and providing guidance for tax operations including
tax rate maintenance, taxability, and accounting close.
- Monitoring current tax developments and practices, which would
affect our various indirect tax liabilities and registrations.
- Creating, implementing, and maintaining process improvements
using automation tools and workflows.
- Occasionally assisting with tax audits, including coordinating
the preparation of responses to document requests (i.e. invoice
backup & general ledger data), preparation of appeals and other
- Monitoring and analyzing notices and correspondences from
various state governments and coordinate the proper responses.
- Leading and contributing in meetings and projects.
- Communicating tax knowledge to Tax leadership, Finance
leadership and other department personnel.
- Working on special projects as assigned.THE ESSENTIALS FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other financial
discipline or equivalent experience
- Eight to ten years of progressive tax experience
- Excel skills at intermediate level or above, required (vlookup,
pivot table required; sumif, countif preferred)
- Supervisory experience required
- Previous experience in corporate sales and use tax
- Previous experience with retail sales and use tax, a strong
- Previous experience with at least 30+ states, a strong
- Audit experience, a strong plus
- CPA, Master's Degree, or other designation CMI, or in pursuit
of, a strong plus
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
- Demonstrate abilities to be detail oriented and organized
- Must have the ability to lead a team and assist on large,
multiple time sensitive projects
- Demonstrated strong user and working knowledge of tax systems
(Vertex O-Series and Returns, a strong plus), Microsoft
applications (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Teams), and database
- Previous experience with SAP, a strong plus
- Alteryx, Power BI, or Blue Prism experience, a strong plus
- Normal office demands
- Overtime is required to meet various tax deadlines
- This position requires an ability to work independently in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail,
analytical skills and strong communication skills are
essential#LI-JB2ABOUTAt Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the
possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North
American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for
cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and
salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of
beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than
25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and
emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points,
including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers
a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and
make-up services.We will consider for employment all qualified
applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction
records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with
the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including
the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New
York City Fair Chance Act.
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , Tax Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!