VP of Finance/Controller
Company: Terraboost Media
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Terraboost Media is seeking a VP of Finance/Controller. The role
is an attractive opportunity to join a highly entrepreneurial
business setting within a private equity context and play a key
role in taking the organization to the next level. Compensation
will include a competitive base salary, bonus plan, equity
participation and executive level benefits. For details see the
bottom of this post. This position can be based in either our
Oakland, CA or our Bolingbrook, IL facility. Founded in 2007,
Terraboost Media is a leading out of home advertising company
boasting a network comprised of more than 100,000 hand sanitizing
billboards located at the front door + pharmacy wait areas of
America's leading retailers including CVS, Walgreens, Albertsons,
and H-E-B. These billboards not only dispense a dose of wellness
but simultaneously generate billions of monthly advertising
impressions. Advertisers (who include the likes of major CPGs,
pharmaceuticals, technology, regional hospitals, and local service
providers) can engage their target audience nationally, regionally,
or locally and utilize rich data to hone in on the target most
likely to convert. Nielsen + IRI research confirm 99% positive
brand opinion, 80% engagement with the advertisement, and 47% +
advertising recall and impressive lift in purchase intent.Position
Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer with regular
interaction with the board of directors and investor group, the VP
of Finance/Controller will ensure the Company's financial strength
and enable its profitable operation by planning, directing, and
leading the financial activities of the organization to include
financial planning & analysis; treasury; accounting and control;
audit; tax; financial information systems; risk management;
corporate strategy and purchasing. A key mandate will be to manage
integrations closely, lead the company's M&A function, and
develop the fundamental elements of the financial organization
including its team, processes, and systems as the company scales
and complexity increases. The VP of Finance/Controller is expected
to function as a business partner and counselor to the CEO and
other leaders in the organization contributing to and evaluating
ideas and initiatives designed to advance the Company's overall
objectives. Position Responsibilities:
- Formulate and implement the company's financial strategies,
policies, and programs, overseeing all finance-related activities
including accounting and control, corporate finance, cash
management, budgeting, financial reporting, covenant compliance
management, financial planning & analysis, compliance, risk
management, and internal audit.
- Heavy involvement in company's conversion from QuickBooks to an
enterprise level software package.
- Lead M&A transactions and post-merger integration
activities - Site consolidation, operational reporting, and
tracking, IT, and accounting platform integration.
- Working closely with the CEO and senior management team,
provide leadership in the development and ongoing evaluation of
short- and long-term strategic financial objectives. Contribute to
the development and implementation of the annual business plan,
including revenue, expense, and capital spending budgets.
- Provide strong leadership to the company's business/financial
planning & analysis and budgeting processes, ensuring that those
exercises produce aggressive yet realistic plans for the company as
a whole and for individual departments within it.
- Proactively support the company with financial information and
analysis to enable and ensure quality decision-making. Develop and
monitor operational metrics relating to the achievement of
- Oversee the company's accounting and control function. Ensure
that the company maintains adequate financial and non-financial
controls and that it leverages modern technology solutions in the
accumulation, analysis, interpretation, and distribution of
- Take a hands-on lead position in developing, implementing, and
maintaining a financial management system for the company.
- Ensure that the equity sponsor, management team, and board of
directors are provided with accurate, timely and relevant financial
reporting that is meaningful to running the business. Work with
business unit Controllers and leaders to ensure that financial
reporting is oriented to the specific decisions and issues each
- Develop and implement a framework to actively manage the
balance sheet and maximize return on invested capital.
- Oversee the company's treasury function including working
capital and cash management.
- Manage all aspects of debt covenant compliance. Monitor
covenant compliance and deliver quarterly compliance reporting
packages to lenders as required by agreements.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure
compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local
regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Effectively manage the audit process and relationships with
- Direct the cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism
that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating and capital
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning,
introduction of new programs and strategies and regulatory
- Actively participate in all corporate development activities,
including working closely with the CEO and board to monitor and
- Represent the organization to key constituencies, both internal
and external, including the board of directors, investors,
customers, suppliers, creditors, auditors, banks, and
advisors.Pivotal Leadership, Experience & Education:
- Leadership and Tenure: 15+ years of broad financial management
experience as a multi-site corporate Chief Financial Officer, Vice
President of Finance, or Corporate Controller. Divisional VP
FINANCE or commensurate role with a business of scale will also be
- Functional Experience: The preferred functional emphasis is on
the operational finance functions (controllership and accounting)
as well as strategic finance (M&A, strategy, and FP&A etc.)
as opposed to treasury and corporate finance as the latter are
largely handled by PE partner. Knowledge of US GAAP and other
- Business Experience: Experience operating in a variety of
situations, such as M&A integrations, high growth, and
turnarounds. Demonstrated experience acting as a finance business
partner to a President or company CEO.
- Small/Middle Market Experience: Brings relevant experience
working with high growth middle market entrepreneurial
- Education: A bachelor's degree in finance, business, or a
related field.Leadership Capabilities:
- A strategic thinker who can operationalize strategy into
outstanding day-to-day business performance.
- A positive, can-do attitude that is infectious throughout the
- A team player, who appreciates that results come from a strong
- Available and "out and about." Not an "ivory tower"
- An inclusive, collaborative and team-oriented leader. Charts
the course with colleagues, but also lets others speak and seeks to
understand their viewpoints.
- A magnet for talent who can attract others to work with him or
- A compelling communicator. Adept at all forms of communication
to a full range of internal and external stakeholders.
- An effective influencer. Able to convince others to pursue a
course of action.
- Not afraid to get his or her hands dirty and do real work
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get
the job done.
- Reliable; follows through on commitments. Lives up to
forecasts, verbal, and written commitments. Delivers on objectives
and those of their team.
- Level-headed, pragmatic. Able to implement significant change
through a down-to-earth approach.
- Flexibility. Able to work effectively within an increasingly
ambiguous and nimble corporate environment, and lead others to
- Proven high levels of commercial acumen with excellent
influencing and relationship building skills at senior levels.
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust
and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not what is
politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.Compensation
and Benefits: Terraboost is offering an annual salary of up to
$200,000 plus a bonus of 20%. Terraboost Media has a robust
benefits package for full-time employees, including paid vacation
and sick time. Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday
that allows our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choice.
Medical through United Health Care (3 plans to choose from), Dental
through Guardian, Vision throughVSP/Guardian, Employer Paid and
Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Short & Long-Term Disability
Programs, Health Savings (HSA) and Flexible Spending (FSA)
Accounts, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a
generous paid vacation, sick time, and holiday package. Equal
Employment Opportunity Policy: Terraboost prohibits discrimination
and harassment of any type and affords equal employment
opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status,
genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Terraboost conforms to the spirit
as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. To
learn more, please visit us at www.terraboost.com .
Keywords: Terraboost Media, Bolingbrook , VP of Finance/Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!