Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global
leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with
us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing
professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the
world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture
is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial
environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality,
innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry.
We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest
asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and
talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based
organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer
satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance
and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we
are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that
embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous
focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a
company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence
and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of
shared success. Together, we light the world!
Position Summary: -Control Engineering and Sustaining Engineer (CES
Engineer) is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upkeeping
manufacturing automation processes. The aim is to keep production
automation equipment up and running and make them as efficient as
possible with the use of automation while maintaining safety,
product quality, and adhering to internal protocols and external
This position is responsible for deploying and maintaining support
for automation initiatives at G&W's manufacturing facilities.
-This role is also responsible for training factory and support
staff on implemented equipment and technology -
Primary/Essential Responsibilities: -
- Responsible to keep automation and robotic equipment up and
running and sustaining them.
- Assist with deployment, integration, and programming of
robotics and automation projects. -
- Work with lean and manufacturing engineers on production line
- Assist production staff with training and maintenance of
automation systems. -
- Support various testing requirements in manufacturing
- Develop and implement automation and integration methods that
improve G&W operations - - -
- Provide hands-on support for troubleshooting equipment
- Provide technical guidance, problem-solving, and advice to
others in the team and stakeholders
- Improve manufacturing processes through review of all
engineering deliverables for technical accuracy and adherence to
engineering standards and project schedules.
- Participate and support operational continuous improvement
activities with capacity and efficiency. -
- Develop and maintain expertise on plant-wide processes and
- Create, update, and audit work procedures, standard work, and
- Other duties as assigned -
Required Qualifications: -
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Computer/Mechanical Engineering
preferred or other engineering disciplines
- 0-3 years of relevant engineering experience in production
- Exposure to writing PLC codes using industry-standard PLC
- Exposure to writing HMI code using industry-standard graphical
- Exposure with robotics and diligence with safety protocols and
recognizing potential hazards
- Demonstrated problem-solving and team facilitating skills.
Preferred Qualifications: -
- Exposure to Vision systems.
- SQL and python programming.
- Statistical process control experience
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
- Machine integration experience.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Bolingbrook , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!