WMS Manager- Ulta Beauty
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Imagine. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to
expand internationally, and a thriving supply chain network, there
has never been a greater need for people of high initiative, of
big-picture thinking, and adaptability to share in our journey. At
Ulta Beauty, we have greater ambitions. Growing what works.
Iterating in areas that have promise. Creating new offerings for
industry advantage. In all of this is the opportunity to experience
real impact, to effectuate change, to give wings to a spirit of
creativity and entrepreneurism. Because the challenges are
multi-faceted and ever-changing. But for those inspired by
real-world demands that press and stretch, that call for new and
smarter ideas, that require heavy doses of trust and respect, Ulta
Beauty encourages you to imagine with us. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The WMS Manager maintains and enhances the Manhattan Associates
Warehouse Management System (WMS). Other applications included in
the scope of support are Slotting, Labor Management Systems (LMS),
Fortna WCS, and Lighting Pick. The role is responsible for
configuration and oversight of releases/change requests. This
includes translation of business requirements into technical design
and implementation across lower environments. Often times this will
require guiding corporate/DC teams through the DC request process
to ensure requirements are met. As part of release
responsibilities, the WMS Manager will facilitate DC change
requests from concept to deployment. The WMS manager will ensure
solutions are in line with change request requirements, ROI,
operational efficiency, quality, and ULTA principles.While the
primary objective is to support future state work, the WMS Manager
will also be utilized as current state support as necessary. This
role will interface with IT Supply Chain, SAP team, WCS Vendor,
PTO/PTS Vendor, Field WMS Managers, DC Leadership, Ulta QA team,
Business Intelligence, and Supply Chain Operation YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
THESE GOALS BY:
- Identifying required WMS configuration and systems changes to
support new processes and proposed changes to existing
- Working with service providers regarding application
enhancements, customization, and new releases.
- Coordinating system changes with IT and vendors.
- Participating in the definition of project scope, business
requirements documents, goals, and deliverables.
- Pro-actively monitor alerts and take action accordingly.
- Maintaining change control documentation for all system
- Serving as liaison between DC Operations, IT, and vendors.
- Developing documented implementation plan and report on project
- Playing key business role in testing, roll out, and
implementation of WMS enhancements.
- Troubleshooting issues and identify root causes.
- Serving as secondary corporate escalation point for all
technical issues experienced in the building.
- Interfacing with various vendors to ensure project requirements
are met by application enhancements/configurations.
- Collaborating with corporate WMS team, IT Supply Chain, and SAP
team on a daily basis.
- Providing off-shift hours support on nights/weekends (as
- Functioning as one of the Ulta SMEs with regard the
WMS/Slotting/LMS. THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college with a focus in
Information Technology or Supply Chain Management.
- 3+ years experience with Manhattan Associates WMS.
- Experience supporting technology solutions for end users.
- Strong technical aptitude and significant experience with
- Ability to write SQL statements ranging from medium to high
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Good verbal and written skills to communicate with associates
and all levels of management.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as dictated by business
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute
initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish the stated
- Highly developed problem solving and prioritizing skills that
will be demonstrated by the successful and timely completion of
- Demonstrate ability to perform analyses and identify solutions
to resolve specific business needs.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good understanding of warehousing and physical distribution
- Typical office environment 80-%
- Typical DC work environment 20%
- Travel -20%/year
- Ability to walk and stand while observing for extended
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty s own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring hair, skin, brow, and make-up services. We
will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Associated
topics: ad, advertisement, campaign, leveraging, market, media,
needs, news, publicist, social media marketing
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , WMS Manager- Ulta Beauty, Executive , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!