IT Manager - Merchandise Planning and Operations- Ulta Beauty
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual
learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging
technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our
tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that
way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A place where
interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration
is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring
agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for
better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's
no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and
ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who
will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually
nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The IT Manager of Merchandise Planning and Operations leads team
comprising of Developers, Engineers, Architects and Analysts
working on multiple projects simultaneously in a in a highly
dynamic, fast paced and rewarding environment. Serve as IT Subject
Matter Expert and guides team on end-to-end design from project
conception through deployment, including the management of solution
design reviews, project gateway approval, security deployment and
overall solution design. Provide overall functional technical
guidance, leadership and execution of Merchandise Planning and
Operations projects and processes as well as functional and
technical design oversight and coordination of activities across
multiple teams and full lifecycle implementations. Collaborate with
other areas outside of merchandising planning systems to ensure a
cohesive IT model. Provide leadership for integrations across
applications and modules, facilitate discussions between business
and technical teams. Provide leadership to create BI reports,
standalone and application dependent reports. Guides the team to
Design and develop Analytics related to merchandising and supply
chain planning KPIs.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL THIS BY:
- Systems Development Management: Leads solution development
projects which support the organization's objectives and plans.
Ensures that management is both aware of each initiative and is
able to provide the required resources. Reviews the progress of
development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in
accordance with agreed standards (including industry & Ulta
standards), methods and procedures.
- Relationship Management: Facilitates open communication and
discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of
contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder
engagement strategies and plans. Negotiates with stakeholders at
senior levels and ensures that organizational policy and strategies
are adhered to.
- Quality Management: Leads the application of appropriate
quality management techniques to identify areas for improvement.
Coordinates systematic corrective action to reduce errors and
improve the quality of the systems and services, by examination of
the root causes of problems.
- Resourcing: Implements resource plans, including conducting
recruitment interviews. Facilitates selection, assessment and
on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Performance Management: Supervises individuals by allocating
routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and
guidance as necessary, in line with individuals' skills and
abilities. Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance
- Business Process Improvement: Analyzes business processes by
evaluating alternative solutions, assessing feasibility, and
recommending new approaches, typically seeking to exploit
technology components. Develops business requirements for the
implementation of significant changes in organizational mission,
business functions and process, organizational roles and
responsibilities, and scope or nature of service delivery.
- People Management - Provide coaching / Mentoring to team
members, and provide career path coaching and adviseADDITIONAL
- Serve as IT Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Merchandise
- Provide overall functional and technical guidance, leadership
and solid execution of Merchandise Planning projects and
- Provide leadership for Functional and Technical Design
oversight and coordination of activities across multiple
teams/areas in support of these initiatives.
- Leadership for end-to-end design from project conception
through deployment; manage solution design reviews, project gateway
approval, security deployment and overall project's solution
- Leadership for project team's Functional, Technical and
configuration responsibility for SAP modules to support ULTA's
Merchandise Planning systems.
- Build ROIs/business cases to understand and communicate
benefits of various projects/initiatives
- Lead organization through systems implementations,
enhancements, upgrades, and critical stabilization efforts by
managing system administration, and the development/adherence to
best practices and adoption/change management
- Proactively plan and regularly communicate updates to key
stakeholders in partnership with business sponsors and project
- Provide and continuously develop governance to ensure ongoing
systems and process adoption
- Ongoing measurement of systems stability, data accuracy, and
processes that drive efficiencies for the organization and the
business partners we supportESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or equivalent
- 8+ years of IT experience in Merchandising Planning and
Operation systems including Product Master Data, BLUE YONDER
Allocation, BLUE YONDER Space and Floor Planning, BLUE YONDER Space
- Experience in areas of Master Data, Inventory Management,
Category management is required.
- Proven experience in building merchandising technology roadmaps
and translating business requirements into technical
- Extensive experience in multiple and/or large-scale enterprise
projects including systems implementations within the context of a
retail environment or commensurate business experience
- Deep functional expertise in Merchandise Planning, pricing &
Inventory best practices and proven success operationalizing
core/foundational retail processes through systems and
- Retail business background with strong process and systems
- Omni-Channel experience preferred
- Experience in analysis and integration of BLUE YONDER modules
with 3rd party packaged solutions
- Experience with ETL tools a plus.
- Experience with messaging platforms and SOA a plus.
- Experience with Oracle RDBM a plus.
- 5 years' experience managing technology teams
- Excellent analysis/troubleshooting skills, able to solve
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with
non-technical business partners
- Able to motivate others to drive desired results
- Strong experience in establishing business processes
- Demonstrated ability to present recommendations to senior
leaders for effective decision making
- Work with production support and project consultants in an
onshore / offshore model
- Proven track record of delivering high quality solutions on
time and on schedule
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends,
and peak seasons
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles'
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Associated
topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management,
monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager,
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , IT Manager - Merchandise Planning and Operations- Ulta Beauty, Executive , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!