Manager Transportation Inbound- Ulta Beauty
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Imagine. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to
expand internationally, and a thriving supply chain network, there
has never been a greater need for people of high initiative, of
big-picture thinking, and adaptability to share in our journey. At
Ulta Beauty, we have greater ambitions. Growing what works.
Iterating in areas that have promise. Creating new offerings for
In all of this is the opportunity to experience real impact, to
effectuate change, to give wings to a spirit of creativity and
entrepreneurism. Because the challenges are multi-faceted and
ever-changing. But for those inspired by real-world demands that
press and stretch, that call for new and smarter ideas, that
require heavy doses of trust and respect, Ulta Beauty encourages
you to imagine with us.
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United
States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets
butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our
store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and
salon products and services under one roof - All Things Beauty, All
in One Place . We put our guests at the center of all we do,
committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an
environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Manager, Inbound Transportation, is responsible for leading
inbound operations within the Transportation team including vendor
to DC shipments, imports, returns, DC transfers, and store
transfers. The Manager, Inbound Transportation will build strong
supplier partnerships, develop and improve best practices, and lead
critical projects within the inbound team. Core responsibilities
include leading RFPs, managing and developing transportation team
members, leading continuous improvement projects, and managing
critical KPIs to drive compliance.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL THIS BY:
- Manage a team of Transportation Analysts. Clearly communicate
vision and priorities, drive strong engagement and lead team in
delivering exceptional results.
- Collaborate with MP&I, Inventory, S&OP, DC Operations
and DCs to meet inventory-based demands
- Manage shipment exceptions, shipment prioritization and
- Identify and escalate shipments that should not ship during
EOM/EOQ activities to meet business needs
- Support our internal partners with shipments that are not
maintained thru SAP and require manual intervention.
- Extend our vendor's capabilities by assisting with BOL
generation and general transportation knowledge.
- Partner with Risk and our carriers to reduce risk while
transporting high dollar shipments
- Analyze shipments to ensure mode optimization and consolidation
- Proactively identify trends and industry shifts to drive
strategic business decisions.
- Communicate data insights and recommendations in a clear and
concise manner through the use of presentations, visualizations,
and reporting documents
- Produce KPI reporting for inbound activities including
supporting monthly/quarterly carrier/vendor reviews.
- Participate in and lead transportation-related projects and
help design the transportation strategy
- Lead Regionalization Project
- Assist with projects such as GWP/BB and peak planning
- Analyze data to develop actionable metrics to measure
performance, trends, growth, forecast and cost.
- Analyze impact of vendor rate/service adjustments and vendor
- Identify and then partner with Inventory to coordinate and
achieve natural consolidation opportunities by origin
- Work with vendors and carriers to coordinate all delivery
appointments into Ulta's DC's within a timely fashion, escalating
- Monitor initiatives against benchmark metrics to pro-actively
highlight areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Prepare executive-level reports and presentations to support
customer and vendor meetings
- Play an active role in the execution of Request for Proposal
(RFP) process from data collection through contract execution.
- Run reports and analyze impact of vendor rate/service
adjustments and vendor comparisons.
- Identify, justify and present continuous improvement plans to
Management, for increasing efficiency, reducing costs and improving
- Escalation point for when Transportation Manager is out of the
- Complete ad hoc assignments as needed.ESSENTIALS FOR
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working within a
Logistics/Distribution/Supply Chain environment preferred
- Previous managerial experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and able to manage by exception
- Customer and solution oriented
- Ability to build relationships at various levels and influence
- Resolve conflicts/discrepancies positively and
- Clearly and effectively communicate with others in written and
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles'
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Associated
topics: advertisement, brand, broadcast, campaign, digital,
investment, news, public relation, strategic, tv
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , Manager Transportation Inbound- Ulta Beauty, Executive , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!