Sales Training Manager
Company: Beko US
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Learning & Development, the Sales
Training Manager is responsible for in-market planning and training
of Beko retail dealer sales staff and other identified
dealer/channel stakeholders, resulting in the application of skills
and knowledge to drive sales.
Responsible for the effective delivery of a consistent and aligned
learning experience to Beko Area Sales Managers (ASM) through
"Train the Trainer" sessions to ensure a consistent and aligned
message is delivered by ASM's to the market. A consistent message,
ensuring all are delivering the same information using identical
words and phrases and are aligned with marketing messaging for
delivery across all market channels is key.
Participates in testing and collecting results of learning-based
metrics, creating a reflexive loop to analyze the effectiveness of
training sessions delivered.
Responsible for building the capability and knowledge base of
internal Beko staff to support consistent and successful
Contributes to the establishment and ongoing improvement of
Training systems and structures. Actively participates through
engagement with various Beko departments (Product Management,
Marketing, After Sales/Service) in the development of product
knowledge-based training and updates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with sales leadership and Director of L&D,
delivers visible systems & structures for effective training
planning (annual and ongoing) which encompass engagement with key
stakeholders for analysis of vital inputs.
- Delivers robust Annual Training Plans aligned to key
- Translates annual plan into detailed activity plans by
region/area, product category and retailer/dealer (where
applicable), providing a single view of all planned training
- In conjunction with Director of L&D, implements systems for
building delivery capability within Sales team.
- Delivers "Train the Trainer" programs to address organizational
and individual needs.
- Partners with Beko Sales teams to ensure development plans
encompass development of training delivery capability and encourage
personal responsibility for learning.
- Assembles relevant data and information into PowerPoint decks
for review and refinement.
- Acts as a conduit between product management, marketing, and
sales, ensuring information cascades to training document
- Responsible for training documents production, design, updates,
and delivery including New Product Introduction (NPI) launch,
product transitions, super-session, obsolete run-outs and of and in
the continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Participates in project work relating to continuous improvement
of Learning and Development metrics in Sales.
- Conducts market and function specific Training Needs Analysis
activity & develops learning and development solutions aligned to
company standards, as required.
- Participates in the gathering of information for the execution
- Speaks both Beko Staff Language and direct to market Language
specific to dealers and retail consumers and knows the
- Delivers effective and consistent Sales training/learning
experiences based on sound understanding of adult learning
principles, group dynamics and individual learning styles.
- Delivers market and function specific needs driving Learning
and Development solutions.
- Maintains training records and reports on training
- Implements and champions systems for capturing business
feedback and insights.
- Consistently manages training information storage & version
- Monitors and reports on competitor training, industry trends
- Acts as a brand ambassador in interactions with customers,
ensuring the Beko Home Appliance brand image is always upheld.
- Becomes expert on the product, providing reliable subject
matter expertise to Beko Area Sales Managers, retail sales staff
and retail management.
- Actively participates in Beko product releases, strategic road
shows and trade shows and other key sales/marketing activity.
- Contributes positively to team environment and to the
continuous improvement of the function both formally and
- Attend conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed;
prepares post-event reports and analysis.
- Develop customer relations including but not limited to sales
leads, research, cold calls, qualifying leads, developing leads,
and customer service.
- Understand prospective client's culture, product portfolio,
competitive position, financial state, investment plan,
organization structure and key decision makers.
- Develop and implement a sales action plan with objectives and
strategies to increase revenue and aggressively acquire new
- Build relationships with designers/specifiers/architects.
- Deliver marketing and communication support to the key
- Collaborate with sales team to develop sales strategies for the
- Help to achieve company strategic objectives, including, but
not limited to, achieving budgeted sales and performing
- Other duties, as assigned by management.
- Delivers learning experiences in a way that supports adult
- Facilitates group discussion effectively, ensuring individual
participation and achievement of desired outcomes.
- Effectively applies adult learning principles to training
- Proficient in the design of documents to convey meaning
- Demonstrated understanding of the elements and phases of the
- Intermediate level of skill in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and
- Can effectively utilize technology to support learning
delivery, e.g. PowerPoint, video files, data projectors, A/V
- Demonstrates basic understanding of privacy legislation.
- Takes personal responsibility for own work and
- Manages own time effectively.
- Prioritizes activities and resources in line with business unit
- Develops plans that consider potential
- Identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish
- Establishes positive and productive relationships with internal
and external Beko stakeholders.
- Uses effective questioning to seek to understand others' points
- Seeks out, and responds to the feedback and concerns of
customers, team, and colleagues.
- Able to clearly communicate key facts and information in a
concise and confident manner.
- Actively listens to others and checks that messages have been
- Responds to the needs of an audience and adapts style where
- Provides information in a usable form and on a timely basis to
others who need to use it.
- Effectively communicates specialist knowledge, ensuring
technical information is tailored to the needs of the
- Utilizes specialist knowledge to deliver high quality
- Provides reliable subject matter expertise into wider business
- Keeps up to date with new products, services, and developments
in own professional field.
- Being able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines is
- Ability to build/maintain effective relationships in a
team-oriented, high demand environment is a necessity
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment; this role is one of
influencing and partnering with internal and external
- Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, finance,
sales, or related degree required.
- Minimum of five years' experience in a corporate training role
with proven ability to deliver effective training within a Sales
- Experienced in the production of PowerPoint decks and other MS
Office (Word, Excel, and Project)
- Previous sales, sales management, or sales training within the
major home appliances industry a must.
- Domestic travel up to 50%, with some opportunity for
- Qualified applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent
Resident card holder. Sponsorship is not available for this
Keywords: Beko US, Bolingbrook , Sales Training Manager, Executive , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!