Portfolio Manager, Enterprise Transformation- Ulta Beauty
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual
learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in our strategic
initiatives to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our
team is critical to our scalability and is recognized that way. We
ve been defined as a mature start-up. A place where
interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration
is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring
agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for
better solutions drives us and is core to who we are. We re
engineering for the future of retail, and it s no-holds-barred. But
for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior
leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for
your very best, you ll find that virtually nothing s impossible at
Ulta Beauty. This role is pivotal in implementing the processes,
standards and training established by the Enterprise Portfolio
Management function within the newly formed Enterprise
Transformation Office at Ulta Beauty. This role partners with
business teams and program/project managers to drive training and
adoption on Portfolio Management tools and capabilities. The
individual will develop and maintain dashboards used to effectively
communicate company portfolio updates and support portfolio
execution. This role supports the Transformation Office, ensuring
effective tool usage to identify portfolio insights and articulate
customer / team member impact and latest estimates of benefits. The
Manager will facilitate ongoing training with business partners to
build capabilities around program management best practices and
opportunities to further automate required activities. The Manager,
Enterprise Portfolio Management must demonstrate a critical blend
of both strong strategic management and execution, and
cross-functional leadership capabilities with a strong track record
of successfully driving integrated views of complex enterprise
initiatives in a retail environment. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads launch of Enterprise Portfolio Management standards, best
practices, processes. tools and drive adoption across the
organization to develop a single source of truth around program /
- Actively analyzes portfolio performance identifying
opportunities to accelerate / find greater value and benefits.
Promotes / facilitates detection of cross-functional
- Develops and maintains the playbooks and execution standards
required to support business partners and provides them with the
tools required for effective program management.
- Where possible, continues to identify and implement
opportunities to automate and simplify program management
activities including, but not limited to: timeline tracking,
business case updates and action planning.
- Ensures effective tool usage by leading cross-functional
training sessions on identifying program / portfolio insights,
articulating customer and/or team member impact and latest benefit
- Defines and manages standard change triggers, expected actions
and related governance requirements.
- Develops and provides mentoring to staff through onboarding,
open communication, training and development opportunities and
performance management processes; fosters a diverse and inclusive
- Provides insight in relationship to the portfolio, including
tracking and reporting on the portfolio, targeted business
outcomes, and investments, including potential impact of delays,
misses, or reprioritization.
- Manages the Enterprise Portfolio by prioritizing, resourcing,
tracking and reporting initiatives correctly and ensuring data
quality by reporting on gaps and errors.
- Mitigates issues that arise and reprioritize initiatives as
- Captures and maintains Enterprise Portfolio-related resource
capacity requirements by function and develops future forecasts for
resource planning purposes.
- Maintains standards for project outputs.
- Deploys a scalable PPM Technology and Methodology toolkit with
standardized methodology for projects.
- Update toolkits and standards as business requirements change
- Provide training to Program/Project Managers on tools and
technology. REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor s degree required; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in strategy, portfolio/program
management and/or Finance preferably in a strategy consulting
company or equivalent position in beauty and/or a retail
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Experience managing technology solutions (i.e., PPM tools),
including troubleshooting issues and identifying opportunities to
drive efficiency and simplify requirements for the end user.
- Experience with change management, including the ability to
organize, define and communicate system changes to a large team,
and defining the impact to end users and sharing required
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a matrix
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
to enable teams to collaborate across business teams on common
- Demonstrated knowledge of portfolio management, program
management and change management.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Demonstrated
ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and apply
strategic frameworks to drive alignment and decision-making.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to
facilitate cross-functional working sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative
analysis and apply strategic frameworks to drive alignment and
- Enterprise thinker with ability to connect the dots.
- Bias for action and execution.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage
multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and make ongoing
decisions with key stakeholder input.
- High emotional intelligence/IQ and strong relationship
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to shape, elevate and move
- Highest level of integrity and good judgment.
- Travel may be required (
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty s own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring hair, skin, brow, and make-up services. We
will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , Portfolio Manager, Enterprise Transformation- Ulta Beauty, Executive , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!