Associate Care and Support Manager- Ulta Beauty
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Authentic. Supportive. Fun. To experience human resources at Ulta
Beauty is to step out of the mundane and into an environment alive
with optimistic energy. After all, success breeds opportunity, and
the opportunities to help drive an organization at the top of its
game to even greater heights are as uncommon as they are
satisfying. It s fast, it s ambitious, it s anchored in trust. With
the chance to move or flex based on new or existing interests and
passions. If you want that rare culture of lived values, where team
truly means something. Where the drive for excellence is balanced
with a genuine desire to help and encourage. And where the mark you
make will be seen and recognized we challenge you to dream bigger.
To imagine the possibilities. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE The Associate
Care and Support Manager (ACSM) will lead and support the team of
ACS Specialists (ACSS) on day-to-day ACS activities of the retail
stores, corporate offices and distribution centers. This position
will consult as a critical business partner and trusted advisor to
the SVPs/RVPs/Officers across the organization, as subject matter
experts in associate relations matters, workplace investigations &
litigation. The ACSM identifies opportunities to solve business
problems through broad and up-to-date knowledge of employment law,
organizational behavior, change management, data analytics, best
practices and company policy. They develop business and proactive
HR strategies and initiatives by partnering to diagnose associate
relations challenges, exploring alternative solutions and
recommending best-fit solutions.The ACSM drives open lines of
communication to the business to ensure policies and disciplinary
actions are followed properly; ensures the Associate Care & Support
Specialist (ACSS) team provides clarification and resolves issues
by acting as a leader, guide and mediator. They evaluate, compile
and report out on ACS data points to identify trends both positive
and negative to ensure alignment toward People Success goals and
company strategic imperatives. The ACSM is an expert in internal
investigations, operational processes, team development and
performance management.CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, develop, and manage performance of a team of AACS
Specialists as a Center of Excellence (COE) for People Success
(PS), ensuring a consistent service level experience for the
- Provide training, guidance and thought leadership to the ACS
specialists in areas of associate relations, performance
management, disciplinary action, and legal compliance
- Provide direction, guidance, and assistance to ACS team on
crisis situations within their region or division.
- Management of ACS team who review all involuntary terminations
to ensure alignment with precedent as well as proper
documentation/corrective action is in place and review risk
factors, partner with legal as appropriate.
- Act as an escalation partner for the ACS Specialists for
challenging cases, and appropriate resolution to ensure consistency
and uphold precedent in investigations and outcomes.
- Management and review/approval of all internal investigations
conducted by ACS team in conjunction with Legal team, such as
investigations into allegations regarding concerns of
discrimination, harassment, unfair treatment and retaliation.
- Provide guidance, direction, and influence decisions/actions of
PS matters, such as addressing performance issues, behavior
concerns and policy violations, to SVPs/RVPs/Officers, Field PS
Directors, Corporate PSBPs, DC Directors and DC PS Director & DC
PSMs, People Success COEs.
- Expert on associate relations issues and provides coaching to
the ACS and PS teams for policies, process, and awareness of
associate and workplace issues.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with COEs, business
leaders, internal/external legal teams, and vendor partners and
collaborates with all support partners to reach business
- Partner when needed for escalation from Guest Services, Social
Media and Workplace Violence Teams to direct, assign and/or oversee
investigations that arise through those teams for their respective
Division, DC or Corporate office.
- Ensure enterprise-wide consistent disciplinary process and
- Maintain a current knowledge of employment law and industry
issues, policies, programs and processes and provide strategic
consultation in these areas to all levels of leadership and COE
- Identify trends and patterns in the business as it relates to
performance issues, policy violations and associate relations
- Manage investigation tracking database and provide quarterly
reports to PS Leaders, as identified.
- Leverage PS Metrics/Data in combination with ACS trends and
patterns to provide the business with analysis and recommended
strategies for improvement.
- Diagnose training opportunities both within the ACS team as
well as for the enterprise and create strategies for improvement
while leveraging COE partners, as appropriate.
- Analyze company activities, actions, information, and
communications and recognize opportunities to make timely
recommendations that alleviate risk or positively impact the
business or associates through the lens of policies, processes,
precedent and standard operating procedures.
- Leverage best practices and identify opportunities for
efficiencies that align with ACS and business goals.
- Provide information and aid in responding to EEOC charges,
litigation and other legal matters. Authorizes legal responses to
government agencies and outside counsel and acts as a person most
knowledgeable (PMK) witness in depositions as needed.
- Complete assigned projects as needed. THE ESSENTIALS FOR
- 8-10 Years of varied/progressive HR or
related business experience preferredAbility to successfully work
under pressure and handle multiple highly sensitive issues and
manage competing priorities while being agile and adaptableProven
collaboration skills with the ability to gain consensus through
personal influenceExceptional communication and interpersonal
skills; leader with dedication to the ongoing development of the
company and HR departmentDemonstrated written and verbal
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation
- Exceptional communication skills combined with demonstrated
problem solving ability are critical for this role.
- Excellent organization, detail orientation and follow-through
- Ability to analyze data and propose methods for continuous
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- The ability to work in a fast moving and changing
- Ability to effectively communicate in various mediums to a wide
variety of audiences
- Able to build relationships, develop credibility with internal
clients and mentor HR colleagues and direct reports
- Strong ability to multi-task and respond effectively to
changing priorities and demands
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty s own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring hair, skin, brow, and make-up services. We
will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Associated
topics: ad, invest, marketing, media, news, promo, public relation,
research, social media marketing, strategic
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , Associate Care and Support Manager- Ulta Beauty, Executive , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!