Manager Workforce Planning Analytics
Company: Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc.
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Discover greater levels of performance. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S. and designs to expand internationally, Ulta Beauty is revolutionizing the beauty retail experience. With new stores coming online on a continual basis and the re-engineering of existing locations with the latest design and technological advancements for heightened guest experiences, we're not just growing, we're thriving. Through consistent innovation and a bold commitment to reimagination. If you want the opportunity to build something strategic, to take ownership of your career trajectory, to apply your passion to operational excellence, Ulta Beauty provides the kind of stability and support few organizations can match. So be curious. Be flexible. Be more than you thought possible. The future is yours at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE
The Manager of Workforce Planning & Analytics is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the workforce management product suite and connected systems, including labor standards, volume and labor forecasting, advanced scheduling, timekeeping, absence management, accruals, analytics, and associate mobility. This leadership position is accountable for developing tools and processes to aid in the analysis of new and existing programs designed to enhance labor forecast accuracy and schedule effectiveness. The role also has cross-functional responsibilities, partnering closely with field leadership and business stakeholders to interpret, present, and consult on data results to provide recommendations that deliver a simplified end-user experience and adoption of workforce management processes while improving quality and mitigating compliance risks.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager of Workforce Planning & Analytics is a champion of Ulta Beauty's mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
* Manage the Workforce Management (WFM) platforms used for forecasting, scheduling, and reporting labor, including system administration, data analysis, reporting, and ongoing package lifecycle support.
* Lead all daily activities related to the allocation, capacity, socialization, and approval of labor workload for stores, collaborating meticulously with Store Operations and Finance partners.
* Provide oversight and partners with third-party vendors to ensure product enhancements, upgrades, system integration, and production-related issues are effectively managed and delivered in accordance with service-level agreements (SLAs).
* Work closely with internal business partners to validate and ensure reasonableness of applied labor standards and allocation of forecasted labor, including sales-related forecasts, labor standards, store attributes, store opening models, seasonal variations, and special events to ensure effective schedules are generated and in alignment with forecasted workload.
* Lead meetings with Finance and Store Operations teams to provide timely and accurate insight on business trends, workforce analytics, and key findings
* Lead work stream on development, UAT, implementation, and administration of workforce processes, metrics, value-added tools, and product enhancements to increase forecast accuracy and schedule effectiveness.
* Develop efficient processes for all workforce-related tasks, documenting current processes and procedures, as well as identifying gaps and opportunities for continuous process improvement.
* Partner with Workforce Training and Compliance team to define, capture and analyze compliance data as well as assist with development of training materials and processes to enhance end-user adoption.
* Analyze data and scrutinize exceptions to identify trends and deliver actionable reporting on key workforce data metrics for leadership review and guided decision-making/actions.
* Partner with Industrial Engineering team to corroborate the reasonableness and reliability of all implemented labor standards.
* Complete external scanning and benchmarking of trends; leverage statistical tools to comprehend retail trends, insights, and business impacts.
* Serve as a resource for workforce management-related field inquires and determine root cause to identify potential gaps in processes or documentation.
* Develops a highly-engaged team; accountable for achieving quantifiable results while maturing the Store Operations organization.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study, or 5-7 years of equivalent experience.
* Professional certification in human resource management (PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP or project management (PMP) is a desirable asset.
* Experience with UKG Dimensions, Kronos Workforce Central (WFC), Workforce Analytics (WFAN), or other leading workforce management software, is preferred.
* Established knowledge within external workforce management arena, including methodologies, labor model optimization, and industry insights.
* Advanced analytical experience, coupled with demonstrated ability to comprehend and interpret ambiguous data, communicate findings, and propose recommended action(s).
* Project management and experience leading multi-faceted projects.
* Strong mathematical aptitude with an emphasis on statistical analysis.
* Proven expert-level organizational skills with the analytical ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and prioritize effectively.
* Aptitude to positively influence colleagues, peers, and cross-functional teams with diverse goals and responsibilities.
* Demonstrated ability to balance strategy and business objectives with challenging guest experience requirements and competing priorities.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with aptitude to translate technical issues to non-technical audience.
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite, including Power BI, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word.
* Ability to perform and remain organized in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Strong business acumen; retail store experience a plus.
PREFERRED OR SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, as well as evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Ability to travel, including overnight stays, as required (5% or less).
* Normal office demands.
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Keywords: Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc., Bolingbrook , Manager Workforce Planning Analytics, Executive , Bolingbrook, Illinois
here to apply!