Floor RN - Med Surg
Company: Bickford Senior Living
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Floor RN""There is no higher calling, no greater purpose than
that of a caregiver. Somehow, we've come to believe that caregiving
is just for some of us and not all of us. Yet at our core, we are
all made to love, to connect, to extend ourselves in service of
others. The question is--- do we have the will to love, to do what
it takes, to risk ourselves in caring, even when the burden is
great? In times of happiness, in times of sadness - we are that
caregiver. Whatever it Takes."
* Bickford Senior Living
At Bickford, everything we do revolves around our residents'
happiness by meeting their specific Core Needs. The Floor RN
position is primarily responsible for resident care and services as
outlined in residents' service plans including medications,
personal care needs, housekeeping, laundry, activities, and meals,
while encouraging resident independence.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Know your residents and their Service Plans
* Appropriately communicate with the RN Coordinator when residents'
* Understand dementia and utilize appropriate techniques for
approach and communication
* Utilize the information from your residents Lifesong to enhance
positive outcomes in caregiving and Cuetivities
* Give every resident opportunity for appropriate choices
* Treat every resident with dignity in a respectful adult
* Foster resident's independence and maximize their abilities
* Know and incorporate resident's individual preferences and needs
into their care
* Know the details of the medications to be administered to your
* Follow the 6 rights of medication administration and Bickford's
Policies and Procedures regarding medication management
* Understand and appropriately utilize the eMAR system for
* Communicate appropriately with RN Coordinator for clarification
* Completed vocational training as a practical nurse
* Current active state license as LPN; CPR, and First Aid
* Ability to handle multiple priorities
* Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
* Competent in organizational, time management skills
* Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making
Bickford considers the health and safety of its residents, family
members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of
employment with Bickford are conditioned on completing and passing
a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine
programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing
requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when
Bickford Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to
eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement
benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid
time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus
based on their position.
Bickford Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior
care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our
greatest resource and are looking for people who share our
commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families.
It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior
Living entrust their career to Bickford.
At Bickford, you will---
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission - to champion quality of life
for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch
and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our
team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you
live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class
leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We
are committed to helping our team members achieve their career
Keywords: Bickford Senior Living, Bolingbrook , Floor RN - Med Surg, Healthcare , Plainfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!