Company: Bar Louie Team Members
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job DescriptionUp to $500 Sign on Bonus!At Bar Louie, we live to
SERVE our Guests, our People and our Community. We do this by
GROWING our PEOPLE (That's YOU), our Fans & our Company. While we
are fiercely committed to a foundation of daily routines, policies
and practices that ensure we stay Safe, Healthy and Compliant with
all regulations and laws – we also celebrate thinking differently
and creating the WOW in the work we do each day. We call this
Freedom within a Framework and it allows us to be consistent as a
brand while also pursuing continuous improvement. Whether we are
collaborating with others or completing a task alone, Integrity is
key and a non-negotiable. And though we are always busy and
constantly changing – we also strive to show empathy and to have a
lot of FUN every single day. Bar Louie offers a culture that is as
diverse and unique as YOU. Position overview As a Prep Cook, at Bar
Louie – your number one focus is ensuring every guest feels
completely safe and satisfied when they enjoy the amazing
"gastrogrub" prepared by you. Every food item on our menu literally
begins with you and you are committed to cleanliness and accuracy.
You have the "hospitality gene" and truly care about people. Your
day may be spent in one station focused on prepping; or you may
split your time on dish or even on the line based on the needs of
the shift. You are focused and you are FAST - able to pivot from
task to task while never cutting corners. A Prep Cook is a critical
role – in our gastrobar – and in the industry. You like being busy
and demonstrate pride in your work – you eagerly offer assistance
to anyone who needs it and you aren't too proud to sweep or mop or
take out the trash. Your genuine care for others helps grow our
business. Our guests keep coming back again and again to enjoy
their Bar Louie favorites – consistently prepped by you. Position
- Exemplify Bar Louie's Mission, Vision and Values in the way you
approach your shift each day.
- Demonstrate a maniacal commitment to cleanliness; sanitation
- Accurately set up; clean; maintain dish area and equipment
including 3 sinks.
- Quickly and carefully clean and sanitize all small wares;
cutlery; dishware; food prep and food storage containers; knives;
pots; pans and cutting boards before placing on the line or in
- Ensure all food is maintained, stored and served at the correct
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen. Always clean as you
- Work independently or a part of a team based on the needs of
the shift with an ability to cross train.
- Follow directions and appropriately communicate with Management
and peers to accomplish goals.
- Quickly complete opening and closing duties each shift –
washing all items; putting away deliveries; rotating product;
sweeping/mopping/cleaning; trash disposal.
- Strictly adhere to all Company and government health and safety
standards with a focus on Human Safety; Food Safety and Chemical
Safety and Sanitation Standards.
- Follow all policies and processes communicated by your Manager
or the Company.
- Provide accurate availability; check schedule regularly and
have consistent attendance. Skills and abilities
- The ability to communicate effectively with Managers and Team
- The ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with
TMs and Managers
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal
- The ability to memorize; prep; prepare and present all menu
items to spec.
- The ability to safely utilize knives and equipment.
- The ability to multi-task; manage deadlines and multiple
- The ability to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene.
Education and training
- Entry level position
- Knowledge of restaurant prep and cooking methods preferred
- Where required by law – food safety certification
- 3-6 months of related experience or training preferred Basic
physical requirements When working at a gastrobar location, Team
Member must be able to perform the duties of that location. These
requirements may include: Lifting up to 10 (ten) pounds constantly
and up to 50 (fifty) pounds as required. Lifting from floor to
shoulder constantly and overhead infrequently. Twisting and
reaching frequently. Grasping objects to move or manipulate
constantly. Working in alternatively hot or cold environments for
extended periods of time. May inadvertently bump into team members
in a relatively small work area. Will stand and walk for extended
periods of time. FREQUENT hand washing and sanitation is required.
Ability to use knives, slicing equipment, and other food
preparation equipment. Team Member must be able to communicate with
Guests and other Team Members and manipulate handheld and desktop
devices. We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Bar Louie Team Members, Bolingbrook , DISHWASHER- BOLINGBROOK, Hospitality & Tourism , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!