IT Architect - Mobile Applications
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual
learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging
technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our
tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that
way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A place where
interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration
is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring
agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for
better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's
no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and
ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who
will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually
nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty.THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Architect is a highly skilled technical resource who is an
innovative thinker and is able to envision how technology can be
leveraged to solve complex business problems. They are responsible
for architecting, designing and implementing native mobile
applications in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. This
individual will work closely with cross functional business and IT
teams in a highly collaborative environment to architect
well-designed solutions that lower business and IT risk, increase
reuse and lower the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL THIS BY:
System Software: Evaluate new system software, review system
software updates, plan the installation and testing of new versions
of system software, troubleshoot software problems and advise on
the correct and effective use of system software.
- Systems Design: Support the system design within the functional
area and on programs/projects and ensure adherence to relevant
technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including
- Solution Architecture: Contribute to the development of
architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with
specified requirements agreed with both external and internal
customers while balancing between functional, service quality and
systems management needs. Ensure that appropriate standards
(corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered
- Information Management: Develop and maintain the organization's
strategy for managing information, ensuring that uniformly
recognized and accepted data definitions are developed and applied
throughout the organization. Ensure that the business processes and
information required to support the organization are defined and
devise appropriate standards, processes and data architectures.
Evaluate the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external
regulations on the organization's use of information and develop
strategies for compliance.
- Innovation/Research: Monitor and seek opportunities, new
methods, trends, capabilities and products to the advancement of
- IT Governance: Support the work of the governing
authority/board, lead the review of management processes (and
decisions) for compliance with the organization's strategy for
corporate governance of information and develop architecture
policies and standards.
- IT Strategy & Planning: Contribute to the policies, standards
and guidelines for how the organization conducts IT strategy
development and planning, and lead the creation or review of an IT
strategy which meets the requirements of the business.
- Relationship Management: Develop long-term, strategic
relationships with senior stakeholders, maintain a strong
understanding of industry and business and act as a subject matter
expert on technology.
Lead the design and development of guest-facing and internal
enterprise native applications
- Maintain feature and design parity between Android and iOS
- Understand and advocate for platform-specific patterns and
- Work with web and back-end teams to achieve feature and service
- Maintain and enhance existing codebase while driving the
implementation of new features
- Drive innovation through the latest tools, technologies, and
- Work with business partners to understand business requirements
and translate designs into fully functional solutions
- Research and evaluate technologies and commercial solutions to
determine solution design options and trade-offs
- Act as the IT subject matter expert providing technical and
best practice guidance to team through the full lifecycles of a
- Define process and methodologies for solution architecture and
- Coach and mentor IT resources to ensure effective and
- Understand the business priorities and opportunities to drive
ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or
applicable work experience.
- 5+ years of overall experience in information technology
including architecture, design and development.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in complex business and
technical environments as an Architect.
- Strong experience building Android and iOS native apps
- Ability to write, review, and maintain code in Kotlin, Java,
Swift, and Objective-C
- Experience implementing UI patterns like MVC, MVVM, MVP
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence the organization to "get things
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences).
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles'
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , IT Architect - Mobile Applications, IT / Software / Systems , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!