IT Manager SAP Technical Support- Ulta Beauty
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual
learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging
technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our
tech team is critical to our scalability and is recognized that
way. We ve been defined as a mature start-up. A place where
interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration
is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring
agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for
better solutions drives us and is core to who we are. We re
engineering for the future of retail, and it s no-holds-barred. But
for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior
leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for
your very best, you ll find that virtually nothing s impossible at
Ulta Beauty. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:The SAP Technical Support
Manager will have responsibility for maintaining operational
stability of SAP systems at ULTA. The IT Manager will be working
closely with business partners, vendors, cross functional teams,
and contractors. They will manage all support activities requiring
SAP development and BASIS administration to meet business needs in
ULTA. YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Application Support Maintains application support processes,
and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according
to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and
tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and
- Incident Management Undertakes the identification, registration
and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable
incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as
appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of
- Change Management - Assesses, analyses, creates, documents,
presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to
investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and
services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the
implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Relationship Management: Facilitates open communication and
discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of
contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder
engagement strategies and plans. Negotiates with stakeholders at
senior levels and ensures that organizational policy and strategies
are adhered to.
- Quality Management: Leads the application of appropriate
quality management techniques to identify areas for improvement.
Coordinates systematic corrective action to reduce errors and
improve the quality of the systems and services, by examination of
the root causes of problems.
- IT Service Management - Provide technical management of the
team and ensure that all relevant procedures are followed. Direct
maintenance and implementation work. Manage activities that support
operational teams and assist in problem resolution, including root
cause analysis. Manage the status and reporting within the team and
outside of the team.
- Problem Management - Manage the review of investigative actions
to resolve problems in system, processes and services. Bring the
team to conclusion of root cause and remedies. Manage
implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Resourcing: Implements resource plans, including conducting
recruitment interviews. Facilitates selection, assessment and
on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Performance Management: Supervises individuals by allocating
routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and
guidance as necessary, in line with individuals skills and
abilities. Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance
criteria. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Hands-on Manager with Day to
Day IT Support responsibility for SAP applications, including but
not limited to ECC, S4, CAR, GRC, Data Services, Vertex, OpenText,
SuccessFactors, Ariba, and BTP that operate and support ULTA s
- Responsible for vendor coordination for contracts, metrics,
SLA, accountability, onsite & offshore resources, schedules,
feedback, and other activity.
- Peak holiday preparation and lessons learned.
- Peak Support leadership updates, documentation, and meetings
- Support and coordination of patching activities for application
and servers both on-prem and cloud.Work with teams for leading
support and issue analysis activities.
- Own root cause analysis for SAP application impacting
- Adhere to standards/best practices for SAP systems
- Utilize and integrate monitoring solutions to sustain and
- Coordinate break-fix, small projects, and support reduction
- Lead outage calls until systems are operational
- Track SLAs for SAP and supporting applications
- Responsible for SOX audit controls and supporting
- Solution and present technical and business improvements
- Creates, maintains, and leads coordination for support
- Mentor, nurture, and develop team talent for growth and
learning. Conduct regular performance evaluations. ESSENTIALS FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or equivalent
- 8+ years of IT experience as lead or manager supporting SAP
development and BASIS administration teams.
- Strong knowledge of SAP SDLC including development principles
and BASIS administration including performance tuning. Experience
with SAP SaaS solutions (SF/Concur/Ariba) and BTP a plus.
- Experience with SAP solutions in retail industry a plus.
- Proven track record and experience in providing superior
- Experience in working and leading with contractor firms with
resources both onshore and offshore.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with
non-technical business partners
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer
- Ability to work in and contribute towards a highly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer Service/relationship focus
- Ability to support during odd hours, weekends, and peak
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor s degree in computer sciences or related field
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Excellent analysis/troubleshooting skills, able to solve
- Able to motivate others to drive desired results
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments
- Minimal travel required
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty s own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring hair, skin, brow, and make-up services. We
will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Associated
topics: assistant, client support, customer support, desk, edi,
information technology help desk, support, system support,
technical support, technical support specialist
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , IT Manager SAP Technical Support- Ulta Beauty, IT / Software / Systems , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!