Company: Valid USA
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global
company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and
6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is
seamless and secure - whether it's for big data, payment cards,
government issued identification, mobile financial services or
highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website
is . Valid has an outstanding opportunity for a Quality Engineer at
our Bolingbrook manufacturing facility. At this location, we focus
on personalization and fulfillment of plastic payment cards such as
gift cards and credit cards. The Quality Engineer is responsible
for quality-related projects at the plant level including training
quality inspectors and technicians on proper inspection procedures,
analysis of statistical data from the production lines,
participating in Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing events related to
quality improvement initiatives, addressing client quality concerns
and root cause analysis related to quality issues. What will you
- Ensure that all quality control requirements are met during
manufacturing inspections. Ensure that work centers within
production areas achieve established KPI's.
- Provide direction to quality technicians and quality inspectors
as required. Train operators on quality issues and provide them
with documented quality standards as guidelines for their daily
work. Select quality inspection tools and software to support the
- Conduct training in best practices related to quality
- Train Inspectors, both permanent and temporary, on the
applicable requirements and methods to verify product and process
- Establish and maintain necessary product audits, including 1st,
middle, and last product sampling.
- Ensure Nonconforming Material Reports (NMRs) are created when
nonconforming material/product is identified.
- Chair Corrective Action Boards (CABs) to ensure the elimination
of root causes that contributed to both internal and external
Corrective Action Requests (iCARs and eCARs).
- Influence the timely closure of iCARs and eCARs, approve both
prior to the Quality Director.
- Chair Material Review Boards (MRBs) to ensure the
dispositioning of nonconforming material is performed in a timely
- Optimize systems, flow creation, equipment performance and
resources. Lead the tactical efforts towards the achievement of the
strategic plan objectives.
- Review statistical data from production lines to identify
quality issues and work with responsible department leaders to
eliminate any problems.
- Investigate and respond to client concerns related to quality
- Work with Operations team members to develop and monitor
continuous improvement programs, aiming to reduce the number of
defects and improve levels of quality.
- Drives the promotion and facilitation of Lean events supporting
the entire value chain. This position will focus on key cross
functional process and system improvements allowing us to
accelerate the standardization, stability, and simplification in
the manufacturing and key customer facing business processes.
- Develops, enhances, and implements systems that increase
efficiency and optimize all phases of service or production
processes, from design to manufacturing.
- Oversees, and directly participates in, process design
projects, and ensures the efficient and safe functioning of all the
processes related to producing a product, substance, or
- Implements methods and process designs, creates prototypes,
tests, and makes necessary modifications where required.
- Consults with suppliers and vendors and make recommendations
relating to materials used in the manufacturing process.
- Analyzes facility layout, equipment requirements and work flow,
develop plant layouts for improvement of workflow, security and
- Oversees installation and start-up of new equipment and
- Provide technical input to production and customers related to
- Assist with the functions in the Incoming Quality Inspection
and R&D Test Lab.
- Develop programs and processes to improve the performance of
- Perform other related job duties as assigned. What are we
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline and/or a
combination of college education and Engineering experience
totaling 5 years.
- At least 1 year of Process/Manufacturing Engineering experience
in an industrial environment.
- Must have team leadership and team facilitation skill
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and
general engineering software solutions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both written and
- Experience with inventory control programs.
- Strong practical skills within a Lean manufacturing environment
is highly desirable.
- Experience with various manufacturing process
- Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Lives the Continuous Improvement culture and can drive
- Passionate about Lean Manufacturing and the attainment of key
- Strong data driven process and system methodologies.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable.
- Enjoys plant level, hands-on involvement in the improvement
process. Willing to roll up sleeves and spend time in the
- Willingness to travel occasionally as needed
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment.
Visual acuity to perform job duties, including reading information
from printed sources and computer screens. Requires normal color
- Experience in plastic card industry is preferred.
- Training experience in the manufacturing industry
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred What we offer:
- Benefits are effective after 30 calendar days and include a
choice of 4 medical plan options under BC/BS, dental, vision,
disability and life insurance options, 401(k), two weeks of
vacation, 6 days of paid time off and all company paid holidays
with no waiting period. #CB
Keywords: Valid USA, Bolingbrook , Quality Engineer, Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!