Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: July 16, 2021
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Manager,
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) is responsible for developing
and executing the environmental, health and safety strategic
operating direction for G&W Electric Company. This role is also
responsible for monitoring and developing appropriate EHS programs
and taking a consultative and influential approach to driving the
overall Safety culture while contributing to the financial
stability of the organization by successfully reducing risk, and
proactively pursuing accident prevention.
- Ensure that the site is in compliance with company, state and
federal OSHA requirements, as well as all applicable company and
regulatory environmental-related requirements and policies.
- Work with Site Management to develop a safety culture and
ensure it is our number one priority.
- Maintain data of all safety key performance indicators (KPIs),
and lead key initiatives that continuously improve these
- Lead the ISO 14001 certification efforts, audits, and actions
in collaboration with the G&W ISO coordinator.
- Manage safety program and all committees, review incident
reports, inspection reports, OSHA logs, and related documentation.
Perform Hazard Mapping, Job Hazard Analysis and/or Cell Risk
Assessments and Safety Walks as necessary and follow through to
ensure completion of actions.
- Interface with Insurance Brokers, Carriers and the G&W Risk
management department for property protection, worker’s
compensation and pollution liability.
- Manage development of training programs as required by G&W
Electric corporate policy or regulation. Monitor training program
performance to ensure that all required training is completed in
the required timeframe.
- Approve all environmental remediation activities.
- Provide consultation regarding employee health and welfare,
orientation/training in environmental health and industrial safety
procedures; provides advice and counsel on all changes in
government policies and regulations.
- Manage emergency response activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial
Hygiene or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in environmental health, industrial
hygiene, and/or safety administration.
- Safety management experience in a related industry.
- Knowledge and experience implementing HSE Management systems
and their deployment (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc).
- Worker’s Compensation and insurance program management.
- Strong Change Management, coaching and hands-on skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple
projects running simultaneously.
- CSP / CIH / CHMM certification preferred.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Lift up to 35lbs. on an occasional basis floor to waist.
- Carry up to 35 lbs. on an occasional basis up to 25 feet.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender,
national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification
protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Bolingbrook , Manager, Environmental Health & Safety, Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!