Associate Product Manager - Engineering - Located in Bolingbrook, IL
Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Reporting to the Product Manager, this position provides
Product Management of switching products, including all global
sales & manufacturing locations. This role will partner
closely with the Product Manager to increase product line
revenues and margin dollars by developing strategies to identify
growth markets and grow our business within key identified
- Assist in development a 5-year plan to revenue target / market
share including product needs, cost targets to support pricing and
- Assist in developing market outlook conditions, including SAM,
- Research market needs, identify product gaps and initiate new
product development programs.
- Create programs to increase our value to end users.
- Identify large strategic opportunities for extending product
- Create and maintain a communication and tracking mechanism with
our sales team, both direct and rep to achieve our goals for new
- Oversee development of a rolling 1-year tactical plan for new
products and measure execution.
- Monitor industry trends that will impact product
- Research customer product requirements, competitive offerings,
and product gaps to determine market needs for new products.
- Define product requirements and translate customer needs into
- Manage the product development process for new products to
insure a complete launch of product, sales tools, training and
- Develop a 1-year sales plan by region with sales department for
- Monitor Customer Satisfaction and implement applicable actions
to improve and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Set up new products within system; establishing pricing
information; determining inventory levels; and developing sales
collateral and training material.
- Develop new business opportunities for private-label and
- Investigate and track economic conditions effecting the
- Evaluate businesses identified as potential acquisition targets
and / or partners.
- Conduct primary research (interviews, surveys, questionnaires,
focus groups) and secondary research.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree preferred or a
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field with a
minimum of 3 years technical background experience in a sales or
product management role.
- Strong technical aptitude and comfortable with specification
- Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Effective presentation skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Results oriented
- Good problem solving skills
- Team Player
- Good “people” skills... Good listener and can adapt to the
- International experience
- Experience in Power Distribution segment of the electrical
Physical Demands / Working
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender,
national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification
protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Bolingbrook , Associate Product Manager - Engineering - Located in Bolingbrook, IL, Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!