Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Advanced Molding - Located in Bolingbrook, IL
Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Reporting to the Global Director of
Molding Operations and Technology, responsible for all EPOX
Engineering and Technology for Advanced Molding Manufacturing
Processes as well as managing and leading the team within this
group . Additionally, this role collaborates and supports
Director of Ops and Technology to achieve departmental
goals. This position is crucial in driving the continuous
improvement activities and delivering world-class
- Assume responsibility for all engineering disciplines in the
Advanced Molding department. Engineering disciplines include
Advanced Process Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering,
Advanced Tooling and Six Sigma.
- Utilize the tools of Problem Solving, Lean, Six Sigma, and
other Continuous Improvement Processes to create a culture of
world-class Operational Excellence.
- Develop capabilities for implementing and driving continuous
improvement strategies within Molding department to achieve
overarching business strategy.
- Actively works with New Product Development group in launching
new products and bringing new innovative manufacturing
- Evaluate, decide and recommend key critical projects improving
the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost metrics for the
- Drive the world-class culture of quality with PFMEA, Control
plans and other quality documents to ensure the consistency and
quality of processes with up to date information.
- Translates and documents performance improvements to financial
values that align with corporate goals.
- Communicates and co-coordinates all Continuous
Improvement initiatives throughout the organization to
interested parties of varying technical knowledge levels from
Directors to Engineers to Operators.
- Support production with capacity increase projects through
innovative manufacturing processes as well as new purchases.
- Develop employee’s work skills to improve department’s
throughput and reduce scrap/rework through trainings and
- Conform with EMS policies and procedures, which includes
applicable regulatory requirements.
- Support training for new employees on EMS procedures, work
instructions, standard work and records.
- Create and monitor OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) at a
departmental level and detailed process level.
- BS in Engineering.
- 10+ years of Engineering experience in manufacturing with
progressive responsibility managing direct reports in an operations
- Experience in Molding
- Computer proficient and confident with MS office applications
such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Understands department budget management.
- Advanced analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate others through excellent leadership
- Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Strong Engineering Management experience.
- Leadership experience with examples of building high
performance teams and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong experience of managing and driving innovation through
manufacturing excellence projects.
- Problem solving experience using standard tools and methods
such as 8-steps, DMAIC or similar root-cause analysis methods.
- Six-Sigma black belt or green belt experience is a plus.
Physical Demands / Working
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All employees and applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any
other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Bolingbrook , Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Advanced Molding - Located in Bolingbrook, IL, Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!