Ultrasound Tech, As Needed
Company: AMITA Health
Posted on: January 12, 2022
We Are Hiring:We are hiring for a PRN/Registry Ultrasound Tech
at AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center Bolingbrook.
This position will work various hours/shifts, one weekend per
month, rotating holidays, and call rotation.What You Will
Do:Perform diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves
to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for
- Set up and adjust all equipment and manually maneuver
transducers to perform exams.
- Implement safety standards and perform appropriate quality
- Perform routine and complex studies and assist in a variety of
- Recognize significant structures, artifacts, pathology, and
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to
- Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers, and
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly department to include
procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area,
and any other areas in department.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory agencies.What You Will
Need:Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- One or more of the following required:
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed
from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, Associate's
degree, or Technical degree required.Additional Preferences:
- One year of work experience as a hospital ultrasound tech
- ARDMS certification preferredWhy Join Our Team:AMITA Health,
one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19
hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900
providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000
physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents
in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the
communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients
and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body,
mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the
source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being.
We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement
potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages.Equal
Opportunity Employer:AMITA Health will provide equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression,
age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information,
carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants.
Keywords: AMITA Health, Bolingbrook , Ultrasound Tech, As Needed, Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!