Machine Operator, Entry Level - Finishing - 1st Shift
Company: Valid Usa
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global
company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and
6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is
seamless and secure - whether it's for big data, payment cards,
government issued identification, mobile financial services or
highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website
Valid has an outstanding opportunity for a Machine Operator in our
Finishing Department at our Bolingbrook plant on 1st Shift. There
will be occasional overtime required, up to 12 hour shifts during
our peak season.
What will you do?
- Prepare, supply, and operate the machine during the production
process and monitor relevant stages to ensure that products are
manufactured according to established parameters.
- Understand the entire range of functions as well as the
operating sequence of the machine.
- Load materials on the machine in the order they are to be
placed on the table.
- Read job specifications and previous run data (if available) to
determine machine parameters and material.
- Prior to performing maintenance on the machine, insure proper
Lockout/Tag-out procedures have been followed.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds,
scrap and set-up times.
- Loads and unloads stock.
- Responsible for maintain department inventory and
- Reports any necessary maintenance to the supervisor.
- Work cooperatively with the Quality Assurance department to
ensure products meet specifications.
- Ensures required documentation / data is completed accurately
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a
continuous quality improvement environment.
- Verify material conformance to specifications, using measuring
devices such as micrometers tape measures and/or calipers.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Verify that guards at pinch points and potential burn areas are
present before operating the machine.Perform proper and thorough
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) policies and
procedures.Take immediate action to correct safety and security
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; follows manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshoots malfunctions.What are we looking for?
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- At least 6 months of experience working in a manufacturing
plant operating machines.
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills are a big plus.
- Good communication skills in English - able to speak, read, and
understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Willingness to work overtime; must be willing to work 12 hour
shifts and some Saturdays during our peak season.
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment.
Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading
information from printed sources and computer screens.Requires
normal color perception.
- Ability to focus and perform precision hand movements when
operating a machine.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly, able to work around
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail.
Reason through problems involving set-up and operation.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
prior to employmentWhat we offer:
- Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following date
of hire and include a choice of 4 medical plan options under United
Healthcare, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k),
2 weeks of vacation and 6 additional days of Paid time off and paid
Keywords: Valid Usa, Bolingbrook , Machine Operator, Entry Level - Finishing - 1st Shift, Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!