Packaging Assistant (4am-2:30pm)
Company: Ferrara Candy Company
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Posting Title
Packaging Assistant (4am-2:30pm)
* Must be able to commute to Bolingbrook until we transition to
Responsible for packaging finished goods according to quality
standards; Dumping product into the hopper, informing machine
operator of equipment jams, and general cleaning duties. Must be
flexible to perform tasks as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Adheres to all established GMP's.
* Assembles cartons.
* Assists anytime the line is in a scrap mode.
* Assists in other facets of production as needed. Works at
different workstations as production needs require.
* Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to safety
* Dump product into machine hopper
* Ensures a quality product through regular visual checks.
* If product is jammed in equipment, Packer is to immediately
notify the Machine Operator to correct the problem. If trained, the
Packer should take corrective action his/her self.
* Inspects materials, products, and containers at each step of
* Packs special arrangements or selections of product.
* Responsible for proper packaging of all finished goods to achieve
the best cosmetic presentation possible.
* Responsible for verifying and executing pallet patterns were
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
in standardized situations.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, and keep up with the
line speeds in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words
and to recognize similarities and differences between words and
between series of numbers.
* Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
* Ability to work scheduled shift.
* Ability to work overtime as needed.
* Dependable and flexible when work is required in other facets of
* Be at work as scheduled and in a timely manner.
* Capable of understanding time tracking objectives with the
ability to swipe into orders and perform other objectives of the
* No prior experience or training needed.
* Promote teamwork, possess a good attitude, and exhibit
flexibility and willingness to perform task as needed.
* Ensures compliance with AIB, SQF, and other relevant
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts, and the noise level in the
environment is loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to
occasionally, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The
employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The
vision requirements include: close vision and distance vision.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to
provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all
qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and
opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or
civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age,
military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic
information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition),
or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all
aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment,
compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and
Keywords: Ferrara Candy Company, Bolingbrook , Packaging Assistant (4am-2:30pm), Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!