Mgr, Retail District
Posted on: November 21, 2022
The Retail District Manager is responsible for the management and
development of a group of Retail Coverage Merchandisers/Lead
Merchandisers. They are responsible for representing the company,
our clients, and our customers by effectively supervising and
managing RCM work. This includes retail store coverage, set
coverage, or coverage of special projects, and executing objectives
as set forth by the principal, Business Manager, or the Sales
Manager to achieve superior in-store results in assigned
territories or stores.
- Provide effective leadership and management to Retail Coverage
Merchandiser/Lead Merchandiser team in assigned geographic area by
interviewing and hiring candidates, onboarding and training new
associates, managing performance and career development, managing
conflict and personnel issues, and providing coaching and
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the company's
business model, Client and Customer details and expectations, and
the specific details of the work processes.
- Work in-store, minimum of 50%, to ensure an understanding of
business and project requirements.
- Manage assigned work to completion, on time, and with high
quality results. Review project details to verify schedule is
accurate and achievable, and supporting documentation is current
- Assign work to the team and ensure that all jobs have the
appropriate level of support. Monitor progress and audit work.
Answer questions, solve problems, resolve personnel issues, and
adjust resources as needed. Ensure the delivery of all materials,
supplies and equipment necessary for all work.
- Understand and optimize selling effectiveness in assigned
territories. Identify training needs, desired system and work
process improvements, and maintain effective balance of store
set/surge work and retail store coverage.
- Partner with store personnel and team to achieve and maintain
merchandising excellence, discuss schedules and changes, meet goals
and expectations, and build an effective working relationship. Be
proactive in alerting management to any unsafe act or condition to
- Ensure company policies are followed by directly managed
associates. This includes but is not limited to proper maintenance
of all company owned equipment, accurate and timely expense
reporting, and activity reporting within company
- Communicate retail territory responsibilities to the MEI admin
team, to ensure accuracy in the reporting systems.
- Effectively and accurately use technology including MEI;
communicate retail priorities and coverage analyses to maintain an
effective feedback and measurement system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some college with prior management/supervisory experience with
a minimum of 2 years industry experience. Prior sales agent,
retail, customer service or reset responsibility and Associate
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, decision
making and leadership skills. Must be able to read and communicate
effectively with others.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, has a strong attention
to detail, be flexible and agile.
- Must be able to work effectively in web based applications and
email, word processing, and spreadsheet applications. Proficiency
in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Must have a valid driver's license, have dependable
transportation and be able to drive in a car for extended periods
- Must be able to lift and carry individual cases of product,
shelving, or displays of up to 60 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work in cold environmental
conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail
stores) for limited periods of time.
- Must be able to operate a computer, calculator, fax machine,
telephone, paper cutter, copier, hammer, screwdriver, drill, case
cutter, hand truck, and pallet jack. Must be able to climb and
stand on a step stool or ladder.
Work State US-IL-Bolingbrook
Job ID 2022-215554
Work City Bolingbrook
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Work Zip 60440
Starting average hours per week 37.5 +
Category Corporate Jobs
Keywords: Acosta, Bolingbrook , Mgr, Retail District, Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!