Security Guard - Day Shift
Company: West Liberty Foods
Posted on: November 27, 2022
OUR TEAM IS OUR BEST ASSETAbout West Liberty FoodsWest Liberty
Foods was formed in 1996 under the guiding principles of the Iowa
Turkey Growers Cooperative. Carrying on Iowa's rich farming
tradition, our grower/owners are committed to animal health and
welfare while delivering superior-quality turkeys - a philosophy
that has helped family farms grow and thrive for generations. The
continued success of West Liberty Foods is due to the dedication,
enthusiasm and support of our grower/owners.Our mission is to be a
leading food manufacturer by converting needs, ideas and expertise
into value for our members, business partners and consumers.West
Liberty Foods manufactures hundreds of meat and poultry products
that can be found in well-known grocery stores and top restaurant
chains nationwide. Recognized as one of the top protein processors
in North America, we have the capacity to produce over 650 million
pounds of food products per year across our facilities. We are The
Surprisingly Big Company -, and we're right in your backyard.Build
your career with West Liberty Foods and be a part of an exciting,
collaborative team environment!We are currently hiring for:Job
Title Security GuardJob Summary: Security Guard is responsible for
maintaining a safe environment compliant with all company policies
and procedures.Primary Responsibilities
- Sign in and check seals on trucks entering/exiting
- Maintain all logs as necessary.
- Operate switchboard.
- Perform routine security checks of the plant perimeter, parking
log, interior plant, office, production and shipping/receiving
- Perform weekend rounds on emergency exit doors.
- Understand and able to implement and enforce all procedures
contained in the secuirty procedures manual.
- Perform temperature checks on refers, coolers, and freezers on
weekends. Report and remedy any problems.
- Provide staff notifications as needed for other functions
- Be able to react appropriately during emergency situations
(Fire/Medical alerts, etc.) and perform duties as outlined in the
security procedure manual.
- Monitor camera system and report any problems to
- Transport team members to company medical appointments if
- Other duties as assigned.Job Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year security experience is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to work independently without constant
- Computer experience - Google (Gmail, Docs, Sheets,
- Maintain valid and current driver's license and maintain an
acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work holidays, other shifts, extended hours and
weekends as needed.
- Required to wear and maintain uniform at all times.
- Flexibility with hours in order to cover additional shifts due
- Required to work 12 hour shifts. 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., 4 days one
week and 3 days the following week with every other weekend
- Must be dependable and be able to work well with others.
- Basic clerical skills to operate phone, copy machine, weigh
- Requires good customer service skills.
- Must be able to perform security rounds in all climates.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment of continuous
change and challenges.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Candidate must successfully pass post-offer/pre-employment drug
test, background screen and physical.West Liberty Foods/Liberty
Cold is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.To be considered an applicant
for this position, you must apply online on our careersite at
https://careers.wlfoods.com/. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: West Liberty Foods, Bolingbrook , Security Guard - Day Shift, Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!