Sr Developer- Ulta Beauty
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual
learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging
technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our
tech team is critical to our scalability and is recognized that
way. We ve been defined as a mature start-up. A place where
interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration
is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring
agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for
better solutions drives us and is core to who we are. We re
engineering for the future of retail, and it s no-holds-barred. But
for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior
leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for
your very best, you ll find that virtually nothing s impossible at
Ulta Beauty. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:The Senior Developer is
responsible for supporting, planning, and coordinating technical
activities related to development within SAP landscapes in a highly
dynamic and fast paced environment. They work alongside talented
Technical Leads, Architects, Software Engineers, and Quality
Engineers in our highly collaborative environment to deliver high
quality solutions on time and on budget. This position plays a key
role in establishing, executing, and supporting business critical
systems including SAP ECC, S/4HANA, CAR, and SAP Business
Technology Platform. The Senior Developer will assist in
establishing and executing on the corporate strategy for the SAP
environment including leveraging cloud technologies. The technical
support will require both proactive and reactive measures to ensure
systems perform within the terms of their respective service level
agreements. YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Application Support - Assists in the investigation and
resolution of issues relating to mobile native applications.
Assists with specified procedures.
- Development Testing - Performs the execution of given test
scripts under supervision. Records results and reports issues.
Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system
development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a
- Problem Management - Investigates problems in systems,
processes, and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed
remedies and preventative measures.
- Programming/Software Development - Contributes to the designs,
development, testing, and documentation of complex programs from
agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed
standards and tools. Assesses own work and leads reviews of
colleagues' work. Mentors less experienced colleagues as
- Release Deployment - Uses the tools and techniques for specific
areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the
recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical
- Requirements Definition & Management - Uses established
techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit,
specify, and document business functional, data and non-functional
- Systems Integration - Assists in the software builds from
software source code. Performs tests as defined in an integration
test specification, records the details of any failures, and
carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting
the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
- Set SAP development standards; implement practices and
processes to enable a best practice support model.
- Create and maintain technical specifications for all SAP
- Follow design work and integration testing procedures, change
control procedures, uses standards, procedures, and practices in
performing required work.
- Perform integration testing and performance tuning to ensure
new functionality and enhancements do not adversely affect existing
functionality. ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or
applicable work experience
- 2+ years of development experience with ABAP on S/4HANA.
- Experience in various modules including FI/CO/SD/MM.
- Develop and maintain ABAP programs using object-oriented
programming techniques, Smart-forms, User Exits, BAPI's, BADI's,
BTE's and Data Dictionary objects.
- Strong experience in ABAP on HANA, backend oData, and front-end
- Exposure to Restful ABAP Programming.
- Prior experience with cloud development on SAP Business
Technology Platform or GCP/Azure.
- Working knowledge of version control and CI/CD tools along with
- Experience with SOAP and REST based services, and API
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to
collaborate with other creative minds.
- Proactive and able to catch issues before failures.
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality
- Work with production support and project consultants in an
onshore / offshore model.
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences).
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty s own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring hair, skin, brow, and make-up services. We
will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , Sr Developer- Ulta Beauty, Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!