Night Shift Pulverizing Operator, 6PM - 6AM
Posted on: January 27, 2023
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Pulverizing Machine Operator is responsible for operating
pulverizing equipment, testing and packaging pulverized materials
Hours: 6pm - 6am (4 days on, 3 days off 1st week, 3 days on, 4 days
off 2nd week, every other weekend off)
* Operate pulverizers/grinders (machine set up, clean-out, and mill
adjustments); troubleshoot any mechanical problems.
* Follow written work order instructions for proper pulverizing and
packaging; Research and resolve pulverizing issues.
* Feeds product to silos, hoppers, or other feeding devices, and
unloads packaged product.
* Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged
according to specifications.
* Recognize and correct discrepancies with paperwork and silo
* Assembles and fills boxes/gaylords/supersacks.
* Identify contaminations by visual inspections
* Operate forklift safely and efficiently
* Conduct and record material movements
* Accurately and legibly fill out warehouse tally sheets, samples,
label requests, row charts, pulverizing log, and daily report.
* Generate labels using Microsoft Excel and/or Word.
* Maintain a clean work space, General cleaning of work areas
* Clean and put away stray empty boxes
* Observe all OSHA and Company safety policies
* Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
* Minimum 1 year forklift experience
* High school diploma preferred or two years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Must be able to lift 55 lbs. repeatedly
* Repeatedly reach with hands and arms.
* Climb straight incline ladders.
* Climb stairs repeatedly during a 12 hour shift.
* Have use of fingers and hands for packaging and writing.
* Ability to work in non-temperature controlled environment.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Ravago Americas is an equal employment opportunity employer. We
adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to
race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability,
veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status. We assure
you that your opportunity for employment with this employer depends
solely upon your qualifications.
* Job Family PROD/WHSE JOB FAMILY
* Job Function *INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR
* Pay Type Hourly
* Employment Indicator 700021 - RA Illinois Whse
* Travel Required No
* Required Education High School
* Job Start Date Sunday, March 5, 2023
* Plainfield, IL, USA
Keywords: Ravago, Bolingbrook , Night Shift Pulverizing Operator, 6PM - 6AM, Other , Plainfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!