IT Principal Architect
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: May 15, 2023
OVERVIEWLive the experience. From professional empowerment to
continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new
and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At
Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability-and is
recognized that way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A
place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine
collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and
furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where
our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we
are. We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's
no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and
ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who
will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually
nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty.THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE: The
Principal Architect is responsible for managing the strategy,
design, implementation, and improvement of Enterprise Cloud
Platform and applications. The Principal Architect is responsible
for leading the creation of a technology framework and providing
technical leadership in support of ULTA's initiatives in cloud
computing and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and
services that run on cloud platforms. As a Principal Architect they
will be responsible for conducting performance, scalability, and
reliability tests of business tools, third party and cloud
applications. This individual will provide thought leadership on
how IT can enable Ulta to provide market differentiation and will
need to be an innovative thinker who is able to envision how
technology can be leveraged to solve complex business problems.
This individual will work closely with cross-functional business
and IT teams in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced
environment to architect well-designed solutions that lower
business and IT risk, increase reuse, and lower the Total Cost of
Ownership (TCO). Assignments may vary from well-defined, long-term
projects to ad-hoc work requests that are critical to business
success. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALLTHESE GOALS BY:
- Solution Architecture & Integration: Lead the development of
architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with
specified requirements agreed with both external and internal
customers while balancing between functional, service quality, and
systems management needs. Ensure that appropriate standards
(corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
Champion the strategy to understand stakeholder objectives and
- IT Strategy & Planning: Lead the definition, implementation,
and communication of the IT Enterprise strategic management
framework and oversee the creation and review of an IT strategy and
plans to support the strategic requirements of the business. Lead
the development and communication of the organization's policies
for corporate governance of information, advise on strategic plans
to satisfy the current and ongoing needs of the organization's
business strategy and the current and future capabilities, and
champion policies, practices, and decisions which recognize the
current and evolving needs of all the stakeholders.
- Information Management: Develop and communicate the
organization's strategy for managing information, ensuring that
uniformly recognized and accepted data definitions are developed
and applied throughout the organization. Ensure that the business
processes and information required to support the organization are
defined and devise appropriate standards, processes, and data
architectures. Evaluate the impact of any relevant statutory,
internal, or external regulations on the organization's use of
information and develop strategies for compliance.
- Innovation/Research: Set research goals, advise on effective
proposals for the investment of funds in projects, manage, monitor,
and seek opportunities, new methods, trends, capabilities, and
products to the advancement of the organization.ADDITIONAL
RESPONSIBILITIES:Cloud (Private/Public) Architecture, Design and
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation
features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic
- Instantiate enterprise grade DevOps design patterns.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design
patterns, based on the ULTA's application portfolio, as a basis for
deploying services to the cloud
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends,
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural
alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including
IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex
- Define optimal database design (Structured and un-structured)
patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery
- Establish companywide strategy and standards around
infrastructure as code to expand implementation.
- Develop standards and architecture around large scale
Kubernetes implementations. Consultation
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and
technical design, application build, product configuration, unit
testing, and production deployment
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to
cloud architectures, deployment, and operations.
- Evaluate client business challenges and work with the team to
arrive at the best-fit technology solution.Thought Leadership
- Building deep rooted partnership with development teams to
deliver unified solutions.
- Provide thought leadership in industry and to fellow team
members across business and technical project dimensions solving
complex business requirements.
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is
going and how cloud technology can support these efforts.
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic
perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and
- Provide financial guidance around strategic initiatives and
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff
on their assigned project tasks
- Develop a cohesive team and ensure their continued
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference
architecture and management systems.ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or
applicable work experience.
- 15+ years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines
including Automation, network management, application development,
middleware, database management or operations.
- 15+ years of experience in architecting, planning, managing,
delivering, implementing, supporting, training, administering,
and/or monitoring solutions in a complex business environment.
- 3+ years demonstrated leadership experience in complex business
and technical environments.Experience automating manual processes
using a scripting language such as Unix Shells python
etc.Experience and Proficient in Python/JavaExperience in
SQL/JSON/BSON is a plus.Knowledge in Jira/SVN/Git source
- Experience with Enterprise grade infrastructure platforms such
as VMware/Cisco UCS/Pure/ EMC.
- Knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Database
technologies is required, NoSQL a big plus.
- Knowledge of J2EE/Web/Application server and troubleshooting
application/server logs is a plus.
- Data architecture experience of designing and developing data
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning
- Familiarity / experience with machine learning.
- Retail industry experience is a plus.
- The ability to present advanced technical ideas to a
non-technical audience effectively and succinctly.
- The ability to matrix manage resources who have direct
reporting relationships to another peer for specific projects.
- Ability to work independently, as a member of a team, or as a
team lead. Methodical, hands-on, detail-oriented approach to
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale
enterprise IT projects.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving
abilitiesMinimal travel required (training/conferences/quarterly
meetings).ABOUTAt Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are
beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty
retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics,
fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon
services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of
beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than
25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and
emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points,
including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers
a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and
make-up services.We will consider for employment all qualified
applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction
records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with
the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including
the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New
York City Fair Chance Act.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Bolingbrook , IT Principal Architect, Other , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...