Bolingbrook, IL-Servicedesk Technician
Company: LeSaint Logistics
Posted on: September 13, 2020
LeSaint Logistics has a great opportunity for you to establish a
long-term rewarding career. We are looking for an experienced
Servicedesk Technician to join our outstanding team!
The Servicedesk Technician will interact with all levels of users
in the company, including senior executives. He or she provides end
user support, performs and coordinates preventive maintenance on IT
equipment on a continual basis; coordinates the installation,
discontinuation, and relocation of equipment; completes required
logs and reports of maintenance activities; develops reference
materials and procedures that will become guidelines for others;
and ensures diagnostic tools and service aids are in appropriate
working order. The incumbent participates in the administration,
engineering, planning, coordination, and installation of new or
modified equipment and local area networks; performs
troubleshooting, diagnostics, research, evaluation, and
documentation of various data/voice communications solutions and
alternatives; coordinates the installation of equipment, lines, and
software necessary to meet the requirements for the site; prepares
instructions and documentation for installation and monitors
project status. He or she is responsible for adhering to LeSaint's
IT standards and would participate in incorporating industry best
practices into operations.
- Provide end user desktop, printer, application and phone
- Perform user adds and changes in Windows Active Directory as
well as all applications.
- Install and maintain site equipment such as, but not limited
to, software and hardware infrastructure, local area networks,
voice and data communications.
- Directly or indirectly assist other individuals within IT
Services to help them complete their specific tasks.
- Maintain high levels of internal customer satisfaction with
utmost respect and dedication.
- Maintain high level of standards in interpersonal skills such
as verbal and written communications.
- Maintain high level of technical skills and strive to expand on
technical knowledge through self-education or company provided
- Follow and enforce IT corporate standards and policies.
- Perform 24x7 on-call responsibilities in support of every
LeSaint location. Skills:
This is an entry level position and the individual must at least be
familiar with the concepts of supporting end-user computing
environments with the following skills:
- Windows operating systems, Office 365 and other Microsoft
- Can conceptualize planning, installing and supporting of
Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, SQL, terminal server and related
- Configure, test and troubleshoot RF and wireless devices for
use with enterprise applications
- Configure, test and troubleshoot VPN connectivity
- Willing to assist by providing access to on site network
- Familiar with the concepts of supporting VMWare ESXi
- Willing to learn installation, implementation and support of
SAN/NAS storage technologies in a virtual or standalone server
- Willing to learn IT asset management disciplines, asset
procurement and understanding of software distribution and patch
management concepts. Scripting experience, specifically in Power
Shell, is a plus.
- Must demonstrate contribution to project planning and
implementation of new technologies.
- Must have disciplined approach to change control processes.
Understanding of ITIL processes is a plus.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of information security
principles as it relates to system and network security.
- Contribute to a disaster recovery plan and testing.
- Demonstrate an aptitude toward network management and
backup/recovery disciplines. Conceptual understanding of data
communications equipment, network switches, wireless access points
and protocols such as SDWAN, VoIP, VPN, SFTP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP,
- Understanding of or experience with collaboration tools such as
MS SharePoint, Teams, and Unified Communications is a plus.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and effectively
troubleshoot problems in search of the root cause.
- Must be comfortable working with a certain degree of creativity
and latitude while effectively prioritizing and executing
- Must possess desire and self-motivation to learn new
technologies and stay abreast of industry changes.
- Must possess excellent customer service, time management,
organizational, and communication skill with the ability to
establish and maintain effective working relations with internal
and external clients, vendors and the IT teams.
- Ability to support large user base in a clear, respectful
manner both remotely, over the phone and in person.
- Special Skills - The incumbent must be a self-motivated
individual, able to communicate effectively with all levels in IT
Services. Ability to enforce LeSaint standards concerning computer
configurations and operations in a diplomatic manner is required.
Must be willing to perform required maintenance such as re-wiring,
crawling on floors, desks or ceilings and be able to carry computer
equipment up/down stairs. As needed, must be able to work flexible
hours when required to accomplish tasks during non-business hour to
reduce impact to the business unit. Overnight travel may be
required from time to time to support remote sites.
- Customer Service Responsive to day- to-day issues identified by
the business unit customer. Responds promptly and with a sense of
urgency in order to minimize user downtime.
- Task Management Organizes tasks and communicates changes and
progress to immediate supervisor. Prioritizes work activities and
uses time efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal Must communicate well, verbally and in writing,
with peers, management and the user community; focus on
facilitating and resolving conflict; maintain confidentiality;
listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under
- Integrity Must treat people with respect, even under pressure;
keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work ethically and
uphold organizational values.
- Professionalism Must approach others in a tactful manner and
react well under pressure; treat others with respect; accept
responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Teamwork Performs as an active participant of the team and
contributes to building a positive team spirit. Works
collaboratively with other members of the development team and
other IT Services teams.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in resultant
work products; looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to
- Quantity Maximizes productivity; completes work in timely
manner; strives to increase productivity; takes the initiative to
ask for additional tasks when assignments are complete.
- Dependability - Follows direction, responds to management
direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness and uses
creativity when solving problems.
Education and/or Experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or
airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is
Some travel will be involved in support of LeSaint's distributed
facilities, as well as for training, events and meetings.
QUALITY EMPLOYEES ARE THE KEY TO OUR SUCCESS! Since the creation of
LeSaint Logistics, our commitment to a positive workplace extends
beyond our facility walls. As a result, LeSaint Logistics offers a
comprehensive group insurance program, competitive compensation, a
commitment to a safe work environment, open and honest
communication, and ongoing training of our employees.
Headquartered in Romeoville, Illinois (near Chicago), LeSaint
Logistics is a Top 100 third-party logistics (3PL) provider,
developing customized, knowledge based, integrated supply chain
solutions for customers from a wide range of industries. With more
than 25 facilities across the United States, LeSaint Logistics
offers comprehensive logistics services, from warehousing,
transportation, and fulfillment to inventory management, dedicated
contract carriage, hazardous materials management, and value-added
services. LeSaint Logistics clients are supported by the company's
TechKnow suite of real-time reporting and management tools to
provide complete accountability and visibility of logistics
Keywords: LeSaint Logistics, Bolingbrook , Bolingbrook, IL-Servicedesk Technician, Professions , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!