Parks General Maintenance
Company: Plainfield Park District
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Enjoy working outdoors?
Plainfield Park District in Plainfield, IL has an immediate opening
for a full-time base level park maintenance worker.
This individual performs all preventative and routine park and
We offer a generous benefit package including low to no cost health
insurance and dental insurance, IMRF retirement plan, wellness
incentive and free facility memberships.
Starting salary range is $15.00 - $16.66.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate various equipment; including but not limited to mowers,
tractors, skid steers, and vehicles.
- Utilize a variety of hand and power tools and small engine
- Inspect, report, remedy, repair any hazards, damage, vandalism
and unsafe conditions for any recreation facility that includes but
is not limited to buildings, pavilions/shelters, parks,
playgrounds, and courts.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance of equipment,
machinery, vehicles and various components of the Park District
- Prepare and maintain various facilities including but not
limited to athletic fields, swimming pools, equestrian center and
- Clean restrooms and pick up litter around parks and
- General turf maintenance including but is not limited to
watering, mowing, weed trimming, renovation, and
- Landscape maintenance including but not limited to trimming,
pruning, planting, raking, tilling, and cleaning.
- Ice making, ice maintenance, ice removal, snow plowing, and
- Perform unskilled and semi-skilled tasks involving the
construction, maintenance, and repair of parks, recreational
facilities, and equipment, with appropriate supervision or
- Apply herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides safely and in
accordance with procedures.
- Perform manual labor.
- Demonstrate, support, and enforce Park District customer
- Safely operate pick-up and dump trucks, snow removal equipment
and snow plows.
- Participate in staff meetings and training sessions
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the
Park District's safety program.
- Assist in other sections of the department as assigned or
- Performs any additional related tasks as assigned or
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Practical knowledge or the ability to obtain such regarding the
operation and care of equipment and tools in maintenance
- Ability and willingness to follow direction.
- Ability and willingness to work independently with little
supervision, as a team member on a crew, and to direct and oversee
the work of seasonal or temporary staff. Plainfield Park District
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Plainfield Park District, Bolingbrook , Parks General Maintenance, Professions , Plainfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!