Sr Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: May 3, 2022
Experience professional empowerment. With over 1,200 stores
throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a
thriving E-Commerce platform, Ulta Beauty provides its merchandise
associates the bandwidth needed to set new trends, identify
potential, and take calculated risks. For professionals with an
adventurous spirit who thrive in a collaborative context, who are
energized by ambiguity and problem-solving, who want to experience
the results of their efforts, and who are inspired by the
recognition of superior performance-we encourage you to make all of
it your own. Discover the possibilities of Ulta Beauty. And
experience greater heights of professional success & personal
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Merchandise Operations (MerchOps) Business Intelligence (BI)
team is responsible for supporting the objectives of the
Merchandising organization at Ulta Beauty with effective data and
analytical solutions. With merchandise being at the heart of most
everything we do, the team regularly collaborates with
cross-functional partners across the enterprise (e.g., Finance,
Supply Chain, Marketing, Store Operations) to ensure solutions and
their dependencies are being addressed holistically. Similarly, the
team works very closely with various IT teams to grasp an
understanding of key merchandising and BI applications that ensure
team members can become functional subject matter experts, acting
as liaisons between the business and technology.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst on our team, you will
leverage your understanding of data and analytics to gather
requirements, develop, test, and deploy solutions that provide
visibility, save time, and continually improve upon our collective
processes in Merchandising. Specifically, this role will focus
primarily on supporting the functional areas of Inventory
Management, Forecasting & Replenishment, Order Management, and
Product Disposition. You will work directly with MerchOps BI
leadership to understand the prioritization of requests that span
from projects, enhancements, ad-hoc requests, documentation, and
system testing. Current state you will be exposed to various
technologies: HANA, Oracle, and SQL Server databases on the
backend; and Tableau and WEBI as front-end tools. In addition, you
will be part of a team who focuses on the training and expansion of
skillsets like GCP, Python, and Power BI as the needs of the team
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver informative solutions that drive improvements to key
Merchandising metrics and streamline and automate processes to
eliminate the need for ad-hoc reporting.
- Develop efficient data models and SQL queries to support front
end reporting and visualization solutions.
- Educate stakeholders on best practices and industry standards
as part of the MerchOps BI team's strategy.
- Act as a liaison between business teams and Ulta IT to identify
any gaps in infrastructure based on business requirements
- Deliver accurate and on time solutions to stakeholders to do
their jobs throughout the year.
- Create and update process documentation and/or playbooks to
support the maintenance of solutions.
- Support ad-hoc and non-project-based requests.
- Support the testing of enterprise system changes and
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- 4+ years of experience building front end reporting or
- 4+ years of experience building data models or data preparation
- 4+ years of experience working with SQL and database
- Strong interpersonal skills, both in-person and written
- Self-motivated to learn and produce solutions independently
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and timelines under a
- Strong critical thinking, detail oriented, and logical approach
to solving problems
- Expertise using MS Excel (Power Query, INDEX/MATCH,
- Experience using remainder MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint,
Outlook) PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline preferred
- Experience with Tableau Desktop, Server, and Prep
- Experience with SAP HANA Studio and SAP Business Objects
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, and GCP
- Knowledge of Merchandising, Planning, Inventory, and Supply
Chain operationsExperience with programming languages (e.g., JAVA,
- Travel - Minimal - 10%
- Hybrid role
- Ability to flex work hours into the evening or weekends to
accommodate critical business needsABOUT
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles'
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , Sr Business Intelligence Analyst, Professions , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!