Manager Transportation Inbound
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: May 13, 2022
OVERVIEWImagine. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S.,
designs to expand internationally, and a thriving supply chain
network, there has never been a greater need for people of high
initiative, of big-picture thinking, and adaptability to share in
our journey. At Ulta Beauty, we have greater ambitions. Growing
what works. Iterating in areas that have promise. Creating new
offerings for industry advantage.In all of this is the opportunity
to experience real impact, to effectuate change, to give wings to a
spirit of creativity and entrepreneurism. Because the challenges
are multi-faceted and ever-changing. But for those inspired by
real-world demands that press and stretch, that call for new and
smarter ideas, that require heavy doses of trust and respect, Ulta
Beauty encourages you to imagine with us. OUR STORY:Ulta Beauty is
the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the
place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she
shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the
only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products
and services under one roof - All Things Beauty, All in One
Place---. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing
to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that
provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.THE
IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:The Manager, Inbound Transportation, is
responsible for leading inbound operations within the
Transportation team including vendor to DC shipments, imports,
returns, DC transfers, and store transfers. The Manager, Inbound
Transportation will build strong supplier partnerships, develop and
improve best practices, and lead critical projects within the
inbound team. Core responsibilities include leading RFPs, managing
and developing transportation team members, leading continuous
improvement projects, and managing critical KPIs to drive
compliance.YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL THIS BY:
- Manage a team of Transportation Analysts. Clearly communicate
vision and priorities, drive strong engagement and lead team in
delivering exceptional results.
- Collaborate with MP&I, Inventory, S&OP, DC Operations
and DCs to meet inventory-based demands
- Manage shipment exceptions, shipment prioritization and
- Identify and escalate shipments that should not ship during
EOM/EOQ activities to meet business needs
- Support our internal partners with shipments that are not
maintained thru SAP and require manual intervention.
- Extend our vendor's capabilities by assisting with BOL
generation and general transportation knowledge.
- Partner with Risk and our carriers to reduce risk while
transporting high dollar shipments
- Analyze shipments to ensure mode optimization and consolidation
- Proactively identify trends and industry shifts to drive
strategic business decisions.
- Communicate data insights and recommendations in a clear and
concise manner through the use of presentations, visualizations,
and reporting documents
- Produce KPI reporting for inbound activities including
supporting monthly/quarterly carrier/vendor reviews.
- Participate in and lead transportation-related projects and
help design the transportation strategy
- Lead Regionalization Project
- Assist with projects such as GWP/BB and peak planning
- Analyze data to develop actionable metrics to measure
performance, trends, growth, forecast and cost.
- Analyze impact of vendor rate/service adjustments and vendor
- Identify and then partner with Inventory to coordinate and
achieve natural consolidation opportunities by origin
- Work with vendors and carriers to coordinate all delivery
appointments into Ulta's DC's within a timely fashion, escalating
- Monitor initiatives against benchmark metrics to pro-actively
highlight areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Prepare executive-level reports and presentations to support
customer and vendor meetings
- Play an active role in the execution of Request for Proposal
(RFP) process from data collection through contract execution.
- Run reports and analyze impact of vendor rate/service
adjustments and vendor comparisons.
- Identify, justify and present continuous improvement plans to
Management, for increasing efficiency, reducing costs and improving
- Escalation point for when Transportation Manager is out of the
- Complete ad hoc assignments as needed.ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working within a
Logistics/Distribution/Supply Chain environment preferred
- Previous managerial experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and able to manage by exception
- Customer and solution oriented
- Ability to build relationships at various levels and influence
- Resolve conflicts/discrepancies positively and
- Clearly and effectively communicate with others in written and
verbal formABOUTAt Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities
are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty
retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics,
fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon
services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of
beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than
25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and
emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points,
including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers
a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and
make-up services.We will consider for employment all qualified
applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction
records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with
the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including
the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New
York City Fair Chance Act.
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , Manager Transportation Inbound, Professions , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!