Tax Analyst - Sales & Use Compliance- Ulta Beauty
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Experience something categorically different. With over 1,200
stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, a
thriving digital ecosystem and a growth trajectory that s put Wall
Street on notice, Ulta Beauty provides dynamic challenges for those
who want to apply their financial acumen to ever-increasing levels
of complexity. Professional ownership. Diverse and ever-evolving
projects. Greater levels of impact. The ability to influence
decisions and organizational direction. It s all part of the daily
experience of our Finance & Accounting associates. If you want a
collaborative environment where continual learning, career
self-determination and trust are prioritized, where an engaged
leadership provides deep levels of support and guidance, Ulta
Beauty is uniquely positioned to deliver greater levels of career
satisfaction. Are you up for the challenge? THE IMPACT YOU CAN
HAVE: This position will focus on sales & use tax compliance, tax
research, and tax operations. The tax analyst will include tax
computation and payment, exposure analysis & mitigation, and
systems improvement and implementation. This role will participate
in meeting the required compliance and tax accounting deadlines.
There will be significant interface with tax department personnel,
individuals in finance, and business partners throughout the
organization. Additionally, this role may provide support for
multiple areas within the tax department, including Property tax,
Licensing, & Sales tax audits and assisting management on special
projects as needed. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Preparing and calculating monthly, quarterly, and annual state
and local sales and use tax returns in a timely and accurate
- Being responsible for filing returns, submitting payment, and
on occasion, mailing of sales and use tax returns.
- Maintaining sales and use tax rates, sales tax calendar, and
other return maintenance.
- Conducting tax research and may code products for
- Completing monthly account reconciliations for sales and use
- Implementing and maintaining various tax software systems
(Vertex Returns and Vertex O-Series).
- Meeting all statutory compliance deadlines in the time frames
directed by management.
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets/forecasts for sales and
- Monitoring current tax developments and practices, which would
affect our various tax liabilities.
- Analyzing notices and correspondences from various governments
and prepare responses.
- Resolving help desk tickets/customer service questions.
- Working on special projects as assigned.
- May assist in the preparation and analysis of the company s
state ASC450 reserves.
- May assist with tax audits, including preparation of responses
to document requests, preparation of appeals and other
correspondence. THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- One to five years of progressive tax experience.
- Previous experience in a large corporate tax environment a
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in Tax
- Excel skills beginner to intermediate with desire to learn more
(vlookup, pivot table a plus; sumif, countif a strong plus) Solid
knowledge of accounting principles
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a strong team player
- Ability to multi-task is a must
- Must conduct himself/herself in a professional, respectful, and
appropriate manner at all times.
- Demonstrated strong user and working knowledge of Microsoft
applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Vertex or SAP experience a plus
- This position requires an ability to work independently in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail,
analytical skills and strong communication skills are
- Overtime is required to meet various tax
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty s own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring hair, skin, brow, and make-up services. We
will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Associated
topics: bank, financial service, investment analyst, merchant
service, merchant service solution, payment, payment management
solution, risk management, security, stock broker
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , Tax Analyst - Sales & Use Compliance- Ulta Beauty, Professions , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!