Director of Logistics
Company: CS Recruiting
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management) Non-Asset
(Traditional Brokerage) Our client creates customer-tailored
logistics solutions that help clients solve supply chain
challenges. Their services include brokerage, transportation, and
warehousing solutions. Their goal is to be customers' logistics
partner by internalizing their business requirements and needs and
delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations.
Director of LogisticsThe Director of Logistics is responsible for
the strategy to build and manage the Company's Freight Brokerage
department, including, but not limited to sales, customer facing
representatives and carrier facing representatives. The ideal
candidate for this position must have experience overseeing freight
brokerage operations, building, and managing a freight brokerage
sales team, and growing a freight brokerage department or company.
This position requires existing relationships with local, regional,
and long-haul carriers and the ability to identify and onboard
qualified carriers for freight services. The Director of Logistics
must be knowledgeable of current industry trends to effectively
strategize procurement and sales efforts, know of regulations
including FMCSA, DOT, while staying abreast to any regulatory
changes. This person must be able to pro-actively identify and
communicate issues and propose and implement solutions for
continuous improvement as they pertain to processes, service, cost,
Job Type: Full-time
- Build a team of best-in-class operations staff to deliver
- Conduct large scale Freight RFP's.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing agreements with carriers.
- Setting the direction and tone of the department while bringing
the energy, grit, and work ethic necessary to elevate department
effectiveness and productivity.
- Build a strong asset carrier base to support our ability to
service both contracted and spot lanes across all modes of
transport and equipment types with a high level of service and
- Assisting with the implementation of the company's new TMS and
becoming a TMS super user/resident expert.
- Maintaining documentation to ensure compliance standards are
- Developing carrier performance and satisfaction metrics.
- Ensuring the work environment is customer focused, positive and
based on trust and respect.
- Maintaining a high degree of confidentiality with issues
related to staff (private and personal matters), rates, customers,
and other proprietary items.
- Properly communicating company policies and plans to all
associates and communicate employee feedback to upper
- Supervising key staff to monitor operations ensuring workload
is completed per customer expectations.
- Collaborating with other managers and staff to formulate and
implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Collaborating with accounting staff and sales team to monitor
- Extensive knowledge of the Freight Brokerage and Transportation
- Experience managing operations staff and administrative
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to
- Exceptional analytical and negotiation skills
- Create training programs for new employees applicable to their
- Must be able to maintain excellent communication with external
and internal customers
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Must display exceptional decision-making skills
- Ability to interface with customers and employees
- Must be detail oriented and able to function in a fast-paced
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot situations as they
- Must be naturally driven to produce high quality results with
- Desire to put the company's needs first and do whatever it
takes to get the job done
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving talents
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience working with ERP, WMS, TMS and/or CRM
- Ability to motivate a team and foster a fun and rewarding work
environmentThis position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: -Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery,
Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation
Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage,
Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics,
Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, -Dryvan, Dry Van,
Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping,
Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, -Flatbed, flat
bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy,
tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable
Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, -TL,
Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer,
-LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial
Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, -Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp
Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold
chain, coolingP&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch
management, customer development, negotiate, business development,
carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management,
strategic growth, business strategy, -track, trace, negotiate
rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes,
delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS,
RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker,
-Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership,
Keywords: CS Recruiting, Bolingbrook , Director of Logistics, Professions , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!