Visual Merchandising Analyst- Ulta Beauty
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Experience the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel
approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our Marketing team is
applying the latest technologies to personalize the buying
experience of true beauty enthusiasts in ways that surprise and
delight. Building love and loyalty, one communication, one
experience, one brilliant idea at a time. We represent the perfect
blend of strategy and creativity. Of tactics and analytics. To make
Ulta Beauty a brand guests will advocate for. Growing share of
heart. Delivering with disciplined consistency. Whether your
deepest passion is for design or content, strategy or data, or some
combination of all things marketing, Ulta Beauty will provide
significant latitude to explore your talents and passions, with
opportunities to stretch and deepen, to grow and build. Truly, the
possibilities are beautiful. GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE The Visual
Merchandising Analyst is responsible for the development of
in-store elements including product display units (POP) and
semi-permanent fixtures for assigned categories from concept
(request, ideation, and strategy build) through completion
(creative concepting, production and logistics to end locations).
The individual will perform a wide variety of core job
responsibilities which include:
- Project Management
- Strategic Sourcing & Budget Maintenance
- Supplier Management
- Strategic Innovation
- Relationship Management
- Inventory Management This Visual Merchandising Analyst role
manages the following assigned business categories: Brands and
projects as assigned by Visual Manager for Skincare and Bath
categories. In addition to the primary owned categories additional
projects may be assigned Visual Merchandising Sustainability
research, Sustainability policy and implementation, other special
projects & other duties as assigned. PRINCIPAL DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions) Project Management:
- Authors Universal Brief for projects requiring fixture
development. Collaborates with internal and external
cross-functional partners across the organization to scope
projects, develop in-store strategy, oversee budget, manage
timelines, and monitor progress of projects from conception to
in-store execution for several projects at a time at different
- Ability to manage ambiguity and develop strategic plans with
varying degrees of input, while gaining partners support on
- Able to pivot and maneuver as plans change while keeping focus
on end-to-end milestones. Strategic Sourcing & Budget Maintenance:
- Responsible for all estimating and invoice management of
- Ensures projects remain on budget and works closely with
- Processes all invoices in a timely fashion and before period
- Resolves any discrepancies between estimate and invoice with
- Shares estimates with merchants & business partners for
visibility and forecasting purposes.
- Ensures contracted rates are adhered to by suppliers. Supplier
- Communicates project scope, asset turnover, timeline, and
budget with supplier.
- Works with supplier partners to determine design solutions,
materials, and fabrication.
- Works with vendors to troubleshoot live projects when
roadblocks occur and resolves issues as they arise.
- This Analyst role also requires the ability to take flat design
concepts and partner with suppliers to develop and present
dimensional produced items (product display units or dimensional
signs to support seasonal initiatives. Strategic Innovation:
- Consistently works to bring the Visual Merchandising point of
view to the center of discussions, partnering with cross functional
teams to make thoughtful recommendations to business partners as
the end owner of the store experience for assigned categories.
- Research industry design trends to inform and develop new
fixture and visual initiatives to maximize the in-store displays
- Partner with other visual merchandising team members to ensure
all visual merchandising documents are consistently updated and
managed to ensure consistency and reduce overlap. Communication:
- Effectively communicates with all internal and external
- Creates, edits and contributions to development of
communication guides including Visual Standards Documents, Display
Instruction Sheets and or store communications tasks & news
articles for stores.
- Communicates category strategies and project updates with
extended internal team (New/Remodel store team leads) on an ongoing
- Comfortable with presenting to leadership project strategy &
plans, work in progress development as well as completed projects
and can condense complex projects in a direct and simple way.
- Manages relationships with cross-functional teams including:
Creative, Production Design, Merchants, Store & Service Operations,
Field and Store teams, Space Planning, Floor Planning, Procurement,
Finance, Facilities, Integrated Marketing, Loyalty & Store
- Partners with internal associates to ideate and/or resolve
critical issues that may arise.
- Must analyze root causes then develop strategies and process
improvements to mitigate issues and maximize continuous
improvement. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (Marketing, Visual
Merchandising, Project Management) preferred.
- Minimum 4-5 years of visual merchandising, POP display design
and or fixture design work experience or equivalent combination of
education and work experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and process management and development skills are
necessary for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter capable of meeting tight deadlines while managing
- Exceptional handling in negotiations, value analysis and
supplier management required.
- Significant experience utilizing Microsoft Office
- Excel (managing complex data sets including store distribution,
UPS tracking reports, Support Ticket Data, Fulfillment Reports)
including: V-Look ups, pivot tables, reports), Word, PowerPoint,
Outlook, Office 365 PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in corporate visual merchandising or
in-store marketing experience preferred.
- Working knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign,
- Experience with project management scheduling software,
workflow management and other workflow tools like Monday.com &
- Experience with CrossCap distribution and sourcing management
(or similar applications). SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Work travel may be required to local stores, vendors, or
conferences. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Routinely able to assist in mock store or live store sets or
- Moving or transporting boxes, fixtures, visuals up to 35 pounds
across store environments or between locations. Unpacking visual
boxes, or fixture/ product display boxes & keep the mock store
clean and organized.
- Ability to use a rolling ladder to set visuals on shelves,
walls, from ceilings or other high locations.
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful.
Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the
premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care
products, hair care products and salon services. We bring
possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every
day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from
approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands
across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty s own
private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in
every store featuring hair, skin, brow, and make-up services. We
will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal
histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Associated
topics: appearance, digital, display, environment, floor sets,
light, mannequin, showroom, store, visual merchandising
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Bolingbrook , Visual Merchandising Analyst- Ulta Beauty, Professions , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!