Material Handler II (2nd Shift) 2:30pm to 11:00pm
Company: G&W Electric
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Move materials between cells/departments and the central warehouse,
check identification for quantities and part number, perform
inventory transactions in the business system.
The hours for the shift are 2:30pm to 11:00pm, Mon to Fri
- Unload, move and store a variety of materials, parts or
products Conduct Bin Maintenance as needed
- Unload incoming materials, check identification for quantities
and part number, report shortages or damaged material, move to
- Move materials between cells, following routing, delivery
tickets or orders
- Fill orders from storage areas and warehouse stock and deliver
to designated cells
- Operate hand truck and powered lift trucks to move materials
and stack loaded pallets
- Load outgoing trucks using hand truck or operating lift
- Accurately perform inventory transactions using the G&W
- Perform cycle counts as requested
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to
accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of
material handler tasks as needed
- Inspect all work prior to passing it on to the next
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms as
- Must be able to move, unload, and put-away a variety of
materials with a PIT (Power Industrial Truck). Will be responsible
for unloading trailers, picking from a rack and bin system, and
put-away from a rack and bin system.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to safety use pallet jacks, forklifts, stackers
and other manual and powered moving equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret Bills of Material.
- Must have intermediate level computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others to
support the manufacturing processes
- Must be able to provide proof of previous forklift
certification. Must be able to demonstrate core competence,
operation, and safe working knowledge of a sit-down and a stand-up
PIT (Power Industrial Truck).
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license.
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and
skill development required
- 1-3 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous warehouse or manufacturing experience desirable
- Must be able to operate powered lift equipment such as
forklifts and stackers and pass written and practical
- 3-5 years PIT (Power Industrial Truck) or Forklift
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as MediumHeavy Physical
Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labors Dictionary of
Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent
(34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric, Bolingbrook , Material Handler II (2nd Shift) 2:30pm to 11:00pm, Professions , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...