Company: Inland Real Estate Group
Location: Oak Brook
Posted on: September 21, 2019
The Construction/Operations Manager will increase shareholder value
and tenant satisfaction through assisting and consulting with
Property Management on the operational performance of the physical
assets of the commercial and residential portfolio. They will
assist the Leasing Department with Landlord / Tenant buildout for
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Project Management / Planned capital expenditures / Roof
- Determine and prepare scope of work to be performed for bid
- Assist in obtaining competitive bids, prepare line-item
comparisons and vendor recommendation per company policies.
- Establish and oversee the plan of action to timely and economic
- Supervise contractors as required.
- Evaluation of service contracts to ensure consistency of
pricing and service.
- Reduce per property operational costs while maintaining or
increasing service levels to tenants.
- Perform property inspections with Property Management as
- Track open/closed issues to completion.
- Assist Leasing as requested and meet with tenants, architects,
contractors to determine tenant needs.
- Review tenant plans, municipal zoning and property
- Obtain competitive bids and supervise contractors.
- Oversee projects to timely and economic completion.
- Oversee punch list issues and final walk-through's.
- Job functions include (but are not limited to) maintenance and
replacement of asphalt, roofs, HVAC, lighting, parking lot
maintenance and replacement, resolution of water intrusion and
plumbing issues, etc.
Operations Manager will obtain competitive bids for service
contracts, maintenance items, and assist commercial and residential
staff with resolution of maintenance and repair items. This
position will also be involved with landlord and tenant buildout,
writing specifications, securing bids, scheduling and supervising
various projects at multiple locations and annual budgeting.
Individuals in this position will be accountable for accurately and
timely completing the job functions listed above and reporting on
the same to supervisors and business partners. Answers directly to
the Director of Operations and works with senior vice presidents,
vice presidents, property managers, leasing representatives,
administrative assistants and various vendors and contractors.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 successful years of related experience.
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, innovation, job dedication, and
excellence in their work.
- Effectively presents information and respond in a timely manner
to supervisor and/or Sr. Management.
- Able to manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be able to multi-task, work well with deadlines, be
organized, possess problem solving abilities, be able to
communicate effectively, have good follow up skills.
- Possess a general knowledge of HVAC, roofing, electrical,
plumbing, carpentry, fire protection systems, retention/detention
- The ability to write and review bid packages and
- The ability to read and interpret building plans and contract
documents, the ability to oversee tenant buildout, ability to
interact with vendors and other employees, ability to relay
technical concerns with adequate detail, quickly and
- The ability to read, review and approve pay applications from
Keywords: Inland Real Estate Group, Bolingbrook , Construction/Operations Manager, Professions , Oak Brook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!