Application Engineer - Product Sales - Located in Bolingbrook, IL
Company: G&W Electric Co
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global
leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with
us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing
professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the
world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture
is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial
environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
This position will -work as part of the sales team and in
cooperation with the application engineers and product managers to
successfully demonstrate our products, articulate our competitive
differentiators/complementary features, facilitate Q&A and
gather technical and commercial requirements to successfully
complete quotations and orders on time, within scope and in
accordance with authorized cost figures. The Field Application
Engineer will provide technical guidance, respond to and manage
customer expectations throughout the sales cycle. The candidate
will also build positive professional relationships with our global
colleagues and external customers throughout the world.
- Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Sales, maintain
strong support and interact with the sales team, Application
Engineers, Product Managers and Independent Sales Representatives
in the bid process which includes quotation development, order spec
review and interpretation and direction of the application
- Provide technical and commercial assistance to the Application
Engineer on existing products to allow them to complete quotations,
and negotiate final pricing based on competitive market information
within agreed time frame.
- Support the determination of the technical and commercial
requirements for all complex quotations and provide the information
to the Application Engineer to complete the quote
- After reviewing a bid request and determining the quote
complexity level, the Field Application Engineer will determine, if
necessary, to run and support the application engineer to
facilitate the Technical Bid Review (TBR) meeting.
- Support application and order management for our "blanket" type
or key strategic customers.
- Conduct training of existing G&W products for Independent
Reps and customers. -Develop training presentations -and other
related documentation required by the customer's
- Work with customer and sales representatives to design and
develop a custom solution that satisfies the customer's
requirements while maintaining company profitability. This activity
can take place at any G&W facility or at the customer
- Provide technical and commercial assistance to the Application
Engineer in preparation for meetings involving large bids (Major
- Serve as the technical "backstop" for issues relating to
- Consult with various departments within all G&W Electric
facilities as appropriate to resolve technical issues that arise
during the opportunity lifecycle.
- Identify opportunities to develop technical papers and sales
success stories. Prepare those documents in concert with Product
Management as additional sales tools for G&W Sales
- Identify and write application guides for G&W
- Ensure order development activity is customer focused, results
orientated, performance driven and in compliance with all
applicable internal and external requirements.
- Host and manage customer visits, associated with presale
activities or training, to any G&W facility.
- Conduct analysis of wins and losses provided to the team to
refine G&W's product and pricing approach to the
- Point person for the Regional Sales Team to provide support on
existing products. This includes customer visits, product
demonstrations, training sessions, phone and email support. Provide
timely and effective communication to internal and external
- Attend sales meetings and trade shows as appropriate.
- Report to Product Management Voice of the Customer feedback,
new requirements, needs and applications seen in the market and
industry. This includes new product and product enhancement
- Manage the communication and execution of any Customer Change
Notifications (CCNs) with our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or
- At least 2-3 years of experience working in application
engineering or similar role.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Teams, -and Access.
- Must have the ability to multi-task as well as excellent
presentation. skills, -communication -skills, negotiating skills,
technical writing skills, order specification writing and
- Strong ability to build relationships with internal and
- Willingness to travel -up to 50% within the U.S. and possibly
- Detailed knowledge of electric power equipment including
overhead and underground distribution switches, automation
solutions, reclosers, distribution and transmission cable
accessories, and current limiting system protection
- Extensive experience working with utility, industrial and EPC
engineers working in the power industry.
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality,
innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry.
We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest
asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and
talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based
organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer
satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance
and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we
are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that
embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous
focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a
company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence
and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of
shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law. -G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify
process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: G&W Electric Co, Bolingbrook , Application Engineer - Product Sales - Located in Bolingbrook, IL, Sales , Bolingbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!